You just cant tell some people lol...

I love how the Shift Moto Team has all have legit sigs. :rofl

It always amazes me.

“Hey my friend is new to driving and wants to start on a 800whp supra with no traction control, abs or stability control, I don’t think it’s a good idea”

Others
“It’s fine just tell him to stay off the throttle”

:ponder

Not even to mention that bikes also need to be constantly balanced considering turning is a controlled fall and the fact that one mistake with a bike is very likely to permanently damage you or kill you.

Yeahh. People just don’t understand that the throttle is only ONE out of many factors that change between a super sport and most other bikes. Oh well.

its like skipping learning to ride a bicycle and jumping straight to a unicycle. can it be done? yes. does that mean its a good idea? no.

That’s actually not what it’s like at all. Thanks for you input. I’m a unicycle champion though and you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Bam.

is this from the 9am ride around the lake?

Yeah one guy low sides by locking the front, one ran out of tire and went home, third went off roading and almost lost it.

However all in all great ride. I’ll post pics. 350 miles or so. Went all the way up to long lake.

x2

bought a 600 as my first bike and still have one 3 years later with no issues and over 10000 miles under my belt

:rofl:rofl The fun of group rides.

Was there a yellow 08~11 CBR1000RR? Did you guys stop at exit 10 gas station for a break around 5pm?

Plenty of people have unprotected sex with strangers all the time and don’t catch anything.

That doesn’t make it a good idea and that doesn’t make it a rule.

Isent that what coat hangers and penicillin is for?

To bad I missed it, I woke up for it and said nah i’ll just sleep.:lol

only clowns and hipsters ride unicycles… and i don’t see a red ball on your nose hippy :poke

Jeez! I hope everyone is ok.

Ran out of tire?

lol my new SIG.

He thought he could make it on the thread he had left.

Within 20 miles he started to show cords. Wasn’t going to make another 300 miles.

ahh, the middle of the tire can be deceiving because it wears faster than the wear indicators on the sides show

edit: instead of making a new thread I’ll just post this gem here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc6yIhV8BiQ[/ame]

Yeah i kinda figured my tire wouldnt make it but i wanted to try anyway. Vlad I have a new tire on there now so we need to plan another ride soon. I’ll have to ask rob about his adventure in the weeds haha.

Well his life will never be the same. That was cringe worthy. :wow

Gear or no gear that didn’t look healthy. But that’s another disussion.

Eric, I’m down for another one. Lots of roads left to discover. Maybe I’ll get some sleep prior this time around.

Robb must have thought he was on an on/off for a minute :lol

You cannot explain this to some people, as hard as it is. Just let him buy a 600 and wreck it, because that’s exactly what will happen. Whatever you tell him won’t change his mind anyways.

The core group of people i ride with all started on supermotos or enduro bikes. I started at 16 on a bmw f650gs dakar my father had picked up for me. the rest of my friends had supermotos (ds400) by the time they were between 18-20. After a few years on the less throttle happy bikes we all moved into rockets and we’ve all been god, no one down yet. When you start out of a less responsive bike you learn to really maximize that bike to it’s full potential. We have one friend that rides a ds400 still and keeps up with us doing 90s through the twisties. I’ve been riding for the last 10 years and i push my bike hard but i’m no where near it’s full potential, not even close, and i never will be.

As for the rest of our friends who started out on 600s getting into the game after we had all been riding a few years and wanting to be on the same style bikes we had now progressed to, they’ve all crashed, ALL of them. It’s a steep learning curve and it doesn’t take much to go down. Lucky no one has been seriously hurt.

All i’m trying to say is, we all know it’s better to start off on a less responsive bike and learn the basics and move up but not everyone will listen to that. Some people think they’re simply “too good” for a supermoto, enduro or 250 and sadly most of them end up paying the price for not listening.

Glad you made the logical decision.

Tires are usually long gone, most of the time even before they hit the indicator; since their profile (especially single compound) is compromised way before they wear out. How did you even pass inspection? or did you do a burnout show the day before the ride? :rofl