You know what really grinds my gears?

How about protestors harrassing Wal-Mart for using “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas”. Crazy stuff with this whole thing. It’s rediculous.

[left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/fetter/SueingSanta.jpg[/left]
“He took the last poke and prod Elmo. Get him!”

The dictionary is wrong.

Hey guy, you should follow your own advice…

The middle of winter has long been a time of celebration around the world. Centuries before the arrival of the man called Jesus, early Europeans celebrated light and birth in the darkest days of winter.

In the early years of Christianity, Easter was the main holiday; the birth of Jesus was not celebrated. In the fourth century, church officials decided to institute the birth of Jesus as a holiday.

Unfortunately, the Bible does not mention date for his birth (a fact Puritans later pointed out in order to deny the legitimacy of the celebration). Although some evidence suggests that his birth may have occurred in the spring (why would shepherds be herding in the middle of winter?), Pope Julius I chose December 25. It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival. First called the Feast of the Nativity, the custom spread to Egypt by 432 and to England by the end of the sixth century. By the end of the eighth century, the celebration of Christmas had spread all the way to Scandinavia. Today, in the Greek and Russian orthodox churches, Christmas is celebrated 13 days after the 25th, which is also referred to as the Epiphany or Three Kings Day. This is the day it is believed that the three wise men finally found Jesus in the manger.

Great info, Matt. JEG, you got pwn3d…

:word: Goes along with what I said in one of the earlier posts.

I gotta concur with catalyst’s post. It’s just facts. :tup:

But I still don’t see why anyone would get bent out of shape when someone says “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays”. “Happy Holidays” is all-inclusive, but since Christmas is hardly the Christian holiday it used to be, “Merry Christmas” should be taken the SAME as “Happy Holidays”. Well, to me, MC = HH. :gotme:

:tup:

I agree… it had changed but I still think people that get upset about someone that says “Merry Christmas” is just retarded.

What catalyst posted was not fact at all. It is recollection of events that occured in the past, something he found on the internet. Anything found on the internet isn’t necessarily fact, cause JEG quoted the dictionary, which clearly states that Jesus was born in December.

And the gift giving is from St Nick… from the catholic church, it later turned into Santa Clause, a fat bastard who only works 1 day a year and enslaves midgets

http://www.historychannel.com/ is the source for my previous post.

JEG has no proof that Jesus was born December 25th, but it is well documented that Pope Julius I chose Dec. 25th as the day to celebrate it.

haha well i’m a Christian and I will tell you that Jesus was not born on the 25th. The exact date was not known for certain, but probably something close to what Catalyst posted.

I heard somewhere that Jesus is believed to have been born in the summer, however, to avoid persecution, early christians changed the date and celebrated their holiday secretly on a day when another holiday was being celebrated by everyone else.

that run-on sentance is for you Janny

someone google it and find out if im right…im too lazy

-Cheater-

i heard jesus doesnt love you, or jeg

especially jeg

Here it is http://www.paralumun.com/jesusbirth.htm

from a completely unreliable source

:Edit: your all celebrating the wrong holiday anyways

-Cheater-

:word: Alot of today’s “christmas” has nothing to do with Jesus… many people don’t realize that.

I think thats more on a personal level with each person

Agreed

I just recieved a real email from a real company that says…

Merry Hanukwanzaamas!

Arguing about PC’ness seems a little rediculous when the majority of the arguing party have

A: naked asses on their avatars
B: Cartoon asses getting licked in their sigs (I love that btw)

hahaha

just an observation

-Cheater-

Hypocrisy makes the world go round…Or at least it goes around the world. :wink:

if it weren’t for hipocrisy… most of this forum wouldnt have jobs.

and speaking of the ASS LICKING SIG - REHOST IT PLEASE. my photobucket is always near limit as it is.