You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda

Finally got a chance to dial the SAG numbers in as much as I can. How can anyone over 100lbs ride with those OEM fork springs is beyond me; It is severely under-sprung. My SAG numbers confirmed what racetech suggested, even at my weight I have to crank the pre-load up to the moon to get those numbers…

The under tail exhaust design looks more and more like a marketing ploy than anything else, especially how they use the concept “mass centralization” as a bullet point. Not only does that make the shock pre-load adjustment impossible, you can’t even freaking fit the freaking wrench in, let alone doing the actual adjustment. The bike simply feels top heavy and putting a 18lb can at the highest point of the bike undoubtedly is a big factor to that.

lol +1

I haven’t even bothered trying to adjust the sag on the rear, it looks like way too much work. Idk how someone would even go about doing it?

It worked if you are taking the preload out, and my guesstimate turns out to be correct so I only have to do it once. There is really no way around it if you need to add more preload other than taking the exhaust out to do the adjustments.

I finally got a chance to do a shakedown on my bike and test my suspension set-up. I like the tank profile, in terms of amount of flair on the sides (or the lack of), of the CBR than my R6 especially when having tank grips. The more agressive flair on my R6 creates more of a pinch load on my knees under braking and the wider flair is a bit more tiring for the innner thighs, but without using tank grips, you will be sliding a bit more on the CBR.

Still need to put my frame sliders on…