Your input is wanted of 3 experimental bands

Which of these 3 bands is your favorite and why? Genre set aside, do you think these bands can be compared as far as instrumentation, lyrics, etc etc?

I prefer Tool over Pink Floyd and Radiohead although I listen to all 3 bands and have great respect for all of them. I also do feel that there styles can be compared based on there uses of different and odd instruments. There lyrics seem to have very deep meanings that can make one really ponder.

There aren’t many “new” bands that I like but, I do like a lot of Radiohead and I really like “Sober” but I don’t know any other Tool.
So that being said, I have to pick Pink Floyd because of the Breadth of their music from the 1960s Barrett to the late 1970s Roger Waters.
I really have no interest in anything beyond Waters.
Even to this day I listen to Pipers and Saucer.
My 2 cents for what its worth.:gotme::slight_smile:

I feel guilty since i have tons of love for all three. It comes down to Pink Floyd or Tool for me but i know i listen to alot more Tool so they get my vote.

This is a terribly hard question, because they all sound different. I fucking love all three of these bands.

I picked Pink Floyd though because I could listen to them all day and not be bored.

wtf…

D. All the above

better how tho

PF - Drug influenced rock

Tool - Music by artists with anger and creativity.

RH - Well… ok computer, the bends, kid A

D. all the above.

dude pablo honey was such an awesome early 90’s rock album…

i like all 3, radiohead prob the most. i went through phases of all of these bands, where all i would listen to was them for a few months at a time… listening to any of these bands brings me back to some great times in my life

All three bands I hated growing up but now I like a lot of songs from all three of them.

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:2,topic:36124"”]

There aren’t many “new” bands that I like but, I do like a lot of Radiohead

So that being said, I have to pick Pink Floyd because of the Breadth of their music from the 1960s Barrett to the late 1970s Roger Waters.
I really have no interest in anything beyond Waters.
Even to this day I listen to Pipers and Saucer.
My 2 cents for what its worth.:gotme::slight_smile:

[/quote]

Syd Barrett was amazing, even if he was fueled by acid. See said example.

BIKE…omg too much acid

Echoes…live at pompei. Fucking amazing song.

Time

hell any pink floyd from any year was amazing. I dont think that there is one song from them I don’t like.

yea, dave.

the question shouldnt be which 1 but rather which 1 would you say has impacted you the most.

i.e. i bought Lateralus the day a good friend of mine died. that album will be forever engrained in my soul.

radiohead–great for roadtrips
floyd-incredible anytime you want to just be quiet and listen to the music

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:9,topic:36124"”]

radiohead–great for roadtrips

[/quote]

AKA one of our 3 am road trips home.

[quote=“articzap,post:10,topic:36124"”]

AKA one of our 3 am road trips home.

[/quote]

thats what im talkin bout

i dont see how you could even think about comparing pink floyd to tool or radiohead…

pink floyd ftw

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:12,topic:36124"”]

i dont see how you could even think about comparing pink floyd to tool or radiohead…

pink floyd ftw

[/quote]

i am in total agreement. as good as the other two are, there is no comparison.

I love radiohead