Z32 e-brake setup in S13

yes, i have searched around and read various ways to hook up the e-brake cables, don’t tell me to use google. i want to hear what YOU did, not what you read on some forum about how to do it. if you didn’t hook this up yourself then there is no need for you to post in here.

first off, i have the Z32 brakes on my S13 hatch, i have 2 seater Z32 cables and the extension kit to reach the e-brake t-bar.

i’ve read that apparently you can run the 2 seater cables through the subframe in such a way that you don’t need the extensions, i just don’t see how this is possible, they simply aren’t long enough. anyone done it? if so pictures or a description of how you ran them would be excellent. also from the looks of it the ends of the Z32 cables won’t fit into the 240sx t-bar, they are a different style.

next solution was cutting and splicing them with 240sx cables, i want to avoid this if at all possible, it’s a last resort.

now the extensions, the problem with these is that they extend the cables waaayyy too much, what do you do with the slack and how do you mount the cables so that they’ll actually work?

so anyone that has done this swap with a working e-brake, please give me some input into how you ran/hooked up the cables.

thanks in advance.

hydraulic ebrake for the win.

hah, i don’t need that at all, i don’t really drift or anything. i just like to be able to park my car on a hill without worrying about it rolling away.

honestly i prefer cables to hydrolic… hydrolic lines burst more often then a cable snaps…