Zappy collar

yeah thats why you dont use it full force. they have a variable adjuster on them. I know someone who had a HUGE dog…imean like 120 lbs. She would zap him 3/4 force and it would drop him and hed shake. You have to be carefull when useing them.

[QUOTE=JEG]They went to Akron, graduated this past june [QUOTE]
^GRRRR
LOL well DUH they were in my class dummyface. haha. jk. thats cool. yea.

IMHO, Zappy collar = cruel.

I can see a dog being smart enough to get outside the boundry and spending its day getting shocked trying to get back in the yard!

If they run fast enough they can get threw with minimum resistance. And the main dog I wanna keep in is fuckin FAST! I have seen her run circles around deer in the field across from my house. She is a small lewellen (sp) setter.

[QUOTE=NotJustATrophyBitch][QUOTE=JEG]They went to Akron, graduated this past june

^GRRRR
LOL well DUH they were in my class dummyface. haha. jk. thats cool. yea.

IMHO, Zappy collar = cruel.

If youve had a dog killed by a car/motorcylce, you wouldnt think they are very cruel. My 2 pugs wear the collars. The older one will wander if the collar is not on her and zoey, the younger, doesnt even need it anymore. Shes afraid of crossing the line and she knows exactly where it is.

My old dog got hit by a car and had to be put down. I still blame myself for it. I could have shut the front door all the way but didint and he got out and was hit. It was like 6 years ago and I still miss him. He was only 1 yr old. :frowning:

aw man fuck the zappy collar cruelty, just give it a bath and like jump in with it and a hairdryer

lol yeah problem is…I want something I can use to stop her in her tracks while she is taking off like a bat out of hell.

you don’t gotta worry about that shit if you’re naked and dead in the tub with your dead dog and a hairdryer and all the circuits blown out in your now darkened house /thread

wow…harsh. lol.

I have a pittbull and a lab. the lab has been trained for years to stay in the yard with not zappy collar. The pitt was a little harder due to all the moving i did, and she did’t wana learn to stay in the yard. So i got a zappy collar, even the biggest one didn’t really phase the pitbull. I learned that i just had to train her the old fashioned way, by the fist. And you can call me a bad person. But after a hard few months, she has had 2 years of freedom. They live in the garage that is attached to the house, and the door is open all day for them. They get to roam around, lay in the grass out front and chase each other like retards. Sometimes the most humane thing you can do is hit your dog, how do you think police/military dogs are trained. One thing that i realized from my friends experiance with electric fences, if your dog is running to chase something, they will be threw the 6 foot fence line so fast that they will only get like one zap, and then they have to get zapped to get back in, so they won’t and then your screwed. So all in all, train the dog.

only at first. if the dog is not completely retarded, it will realize its boundaries and know when to stop.

You must set up boundaries and limitations through exercise and training. Only you can become the leader of your pack.

Seriously, watch the Dog Whisperer on National Geographic, and stop being lazy by training your dog with torture.

and you are fucking awsome.

i have one for my dog.

We have one for our dog and it works great. She would never ever listen, and usually play games with you when you tried to catch her, aka let you get within a couple feet then run and repeat for a couple hours. We took her for training lessons, worked with her outside everyday during the summer, but it wasn’t working out.

So we decided to get one, and she learned within a couple minutes what her boundries are. We barely use it anymore because she still knows how far she can go, but it was definately worth the investment if nothing else seems to be working.

If my dog played games like that, i’d beat real dam good , cause next time they will end up in the road and dead. Better to beat the dog, than have it dead.

Believe me, she got punished, because thats what my dad thought also. It wouldn’t matter though. She would still keep doing the same thing, but with the collar on, its like shes a completely different dog. She’ll listen 90% of the time, and if she doesn’t it was a warning beep feature so you don’t actually have to shock the dog, but still let her know that shes doing something wrong.

Hey guys, ever think that there’s a way to discipline a dog without hitting it or beating it? Some people get lucky and the dog does learn, but sometimes it makes the dog aggressive. My sister has 2 Jack Russell Mixes. One of them was seriously messed up when we first got him. You could tell he’s had a rough life. If you got too close to him he would growl and snap at you. My one suggestion (especially if you’re “Hella Poor”) would be to get this one book my sister used. It’s called, “Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems”. Believe me, this guy has taken some of the craziest dogs and had trained them to be obedient and really great dogs without using your fists. My sister’s 2 dogs are wonderful now, you would have never guessed that they had any problems. Trust me, it’s worth it.

P.S.-My sister’s dog used to run off too when he got loose, now she yells his name and he comes running back. The book teaches you to teach your dog that YOU are the alpha, not them.

good point, but i read your whole post looking for the basic philosophy of the book - like, how it would work. what is it?

btw, where did I say snip?