Need pet help.

I have a Doberman…she is a retard.

I must admit that I don’t get to spend much time with her during the day and during the winter she is confined to the back portion of the shop it is too much to have her out side all day etc. So I can understand that she gets frustrated.

My problem is that she eats everything. Chewed the door moldings, handle, holes in the wall etc. She goes out and finds a way to tear up everything.

Does anyone know a good obedience school or method to prevent this from happening.

I don’t want to shoot my dog but I’m starting to get to the point of considering that as a possible solution.

Thanks,
Don

She is frustrated and has a lot of built up energy that leads to anger and thus the chewing and destructive behavior. Since you are very busy I would suggest getting a treadmill for her.

Seriously.

Watch Cesar Millan and you would agree.

maybe i can make one…but she will probably eat that too :stuck_out_tongue:

Muzzle?? Give her some old tires to chew on!!

tires have steel cords, that would hurt her mouth

how about worn out slicks>?

how about chew toys made for dogs or rawhide?

LOL

dogs are hard to raise up. You either need to pay more attention to her or keep her in a kennel until you can. This all part of making her obediant. There has to be consequences for her actions.

She has a bunch of toys, it seems as if the wall is more amusing. She knows she did bad too. I walk in the room and she is curled up in the corner looking all sheepish and then I see what she did. She knows she’s misbehaving. I put her in her crate and thats that. I want to snap her neck.

I can send you to A guy i know who trains all the Buffalo police dogs,
Not sure he’ll charge ya a arm & a Leg
http://www.airportplazajewelers.com/Page/apj-al.jpg

Just a hint though, Get a LEATHER muzzle.

Why Leather? The dog can’t tear it with it’s claws, And it’s more durable than basic nylon style dog accessories.

http://www.leerburg.com/Photos/Jafco%20White-front.jpg

Also, If ya have the time. The SPCA Has a course ya can attend that may offer ya some help. It’s not 100% effective on all dog’s, but may offer some help or ideas.

get a kong toy (rubber thing sorta shapped like a bee-hive) , fill it with peanut butter and let that distract. Also there are toys you can put food in that has to be knocked arond to get it out, that will take some time.

maybe stop home during your lunch if at all possible (or if you get one!) and take her out for a quick walk

^ sounds to me like he has her at work already.

Kong toys are great…so are the Orka toys.

My little girl is only 11lbs but she is a crazy chewer…not on anything but just an aggressive chewer. But she cant bust those toys.

The dog is chewing because it is bored and attention starved…show her some love or crate her when you cant watch her.

i think the pet is perfectly fine it’s just a big case of OFU operator fuck up … the owner is to blame !

crate train her man. i know it sucks that she will have to be all couped up in a cage, but its the best thing, better then hitting the dog when u get frustrated

I think there is sprays you can put on areas where she chews to make it taste bad
(bitterapple?)

Its spite man, dogs arent as dumb as you think. Let her hang around more, make time for her like you would a kid. Its really the only way, obiedience schools are going to tell you it’s as much about training the owner as is is the dog. The dog has to want to listen, you have to bond with that bitch

How about a DSM bumper then?! I’m sure you have plenty of those laying around!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

how old is the dog??? as they get older sometimes they are harder to get to obey you or train if you havent done so when they were younger…good luck…get some chew toys

i think you might need to spend more time with the dog or possibly consider finding someone who can… not trying to be a tool or anything :gotme: