ZR1: 11.2 @ 130.5 *v.motortrend test*

street and a prepped track are two different stories here. Ask GTO owners.

CTS-V’s are bad too

BIG difference between this and the GTO. Just because its IRS donesn’t mean it can’t take a beating. This car had 0 wheel hop. Through the use of MR shocks, unequal dia half-shafts, and a stronger diff and gears. I bet this rear could take 800-900Hp with out complaining.

ya think? obviously it’s different. as i said put the stickies on and take it to the track. i’m guessing here as obviously we don’t have one to test upon. Good lord.

easy Pat, I’m not saying it doesn’t have its limitations, just pointing out some of the specific differences. We have no idea where the week point is in the drive train in this thing. And I assume your refrence to not having one to test on is a reflection of that. All I am saying is there is vast improvements over what’s in the GTO and even the current Vette which handles power way better than the GTO does. The design of the GTO is garbage as far as IRS goes. But believe it or not, stickier is better as long as you donm’t get too crazy with the RPMs on launce you get less spin and = less hop.

WHAT DID RANGER RUN ON THE STOCK Z06 i thought it was close to this.

3.3 ~ 0-60. lol. wow.

AAAAHHHHHH YELLING!

I think he broke 10s on stock runflats. Wanna say low 10.8s on DRs.

Good friend from work’s father just took delivery of his ZR1 a few weeks ago. He lives down in Lancaster, PA and will be visiting his dad for Thanksgiving…so I’ll get the downlow from you how nasty this car really is:)

ugh. this doesnt impress me so much… I wanna see it with ranger driving it on DR’s and I wanna see 10.5’s…

lol.

Keep me posted… I’d love to hear.

You fucker! i’m soo jealous. I want pics, and another run against your Mustang in the Spring!

so… this car won’t be allowed on any drag strip before a roll cage is installed… correct? I mean you’re only tires away from having a 10 second car.

If I didn’t have plans to go to Florida for Thanksgiviing I’d be rolling down to PA to check the ZR1 out myself…and drive it too:) This guy has a multi-million dollar car collection, he bought the ZR1 because Bob Lutz called him and recommended it, yeah he’s good friends with Bob Lutz. It’s fucking unreal…

he need a second look at his investments? :smiley:

Pretty cool.

Ninety-seven feet to come to a stop from 60.

Stock.

That car WILL be allowed on a drag strip BTW. Any car off of the showroom floor can race. But…the second you modify it, and it breaks the 11.49 barrier they will make you put a cage in it. The same with a convertible. If it’s bone-stock they will let you run even though technically if you run a 13.99 or faster you need a cage, but how many 'verts will do that right off of the showroom floor? Um…every C5 'Vette, every C6 ‘Vette, Shelby Stangs, some LS1 Camaro’s, T/A’s, AMG Mercedes’, Beemers, etc…

u mean helmet for 13.99?

I think putting a pulley on it like any other factory S/C car would make a world of difference.