5/24/08 - OFFICIAL NYSpeed Spring BBQ @ Dunnville Autodrome

I’ll be there

I’ll talk to my father in law, as he’ll probably want to come watch too. I might even be able to get him excited enough to actually let his car stretch its legs. :tup:

Although he’s pretty cautious about not so much as getting a scratch on his baby.

Forgive me for being a noob, but how does it work with there being multiple cars on the track at once? I’m sure people will want to pass?

:lol: I’m sure it will cost me something shameful, but will I as a non-driver be able/allowed to thumb a ride?

[quote=Fry;812585]

Forgive me for being a noob, but how does it work with there being multiple cars on the track at once? I’m sure people will want to pass?

quote]

Passing is done by drivers using hand signals to direct you to pass in designated areas. Passing is not allowed unless the driver in front of you directs you to pass in a designated passing zone.

Fry, check the first post again. Mike left a few things out that I had to edit in. There is a whole PDF document that all drivers MUST read and sign before we can let them on the track. It’s been tailored for our regular track days, but the same principles apply for this event.

And ride-a-longs are fine, just as long as they have a helmet too.

:tup:

Any expected time a payment system will be set up ?

It’s almost done. :tup:

sweet !!!

Sweeeeeet :tup:. If my car is ready I’m definatly down to drive, if not I’ll just go and enjoy the BBQ.

Any specific ratings the helmets are required to meet?

ok so wtf is a enhanced id because u need one as of january 31

You will only need your license and birth certificate.

Check out this thread:

http://www.onyxsyndicate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20

Minglor FTW.

OH god i can’t wait… So if i read correctly, we are going to have Drift Lessons? I’m liking the start to this season!

Where the heck are you getting that from? There are going to be some guys there drifting during the drift SESSION (approved drivers only), but no where does it say lessons are provided.

Silver nailed it, no drift lessons. There will be certain drivers doing demo/exhibition runs at specified times at which point the track will be CLOSED to everyone else.

Can I drift my civic if it’s on skinnies in teh rear?

How does one get approved?

No one will be drifting other than the S1DC guys and a select few others who know what they are doing (and they already know who they are.) Even the very experienced drift guys tend to go off-course and get into hairy situations. The last thing we want in guys out there trying to drift for the first or second time.

^^So very true. Takes tons of experience to get yourself out of one of those hairy situations. Most wouldn’t know what to do, especially if there was others on the track too.

i’m in. I’ll likely be bringing a couple other friends to drive the track as well.

i didnt read the thread but i think its stupid to have the bbq at a track event. a bbq should be a time to meet members and make convo, eat and drink not go in your car and race on a track. i think it should be seprate track days and bbq

on top of im sure there is alot more americans on here that can not cross the border then canadians on here that can.