Areas Best Tuner for the Vette ?

If I was an F-Body/Vette owner that just signed up and clicked on this thread because of its title and saw a bunch of 10 year old acting buffoons defending a shop, I’d say fuckkkkkkkk that.

Joke as in, you can ask serious questions or ask for any kind of advice without the thread completely going to shit with nonsense posts, don’t even try to tell me there is more then 15% of this sites posts that are actually useful.

is there not threads posted ALL the time on the vette forums on who to go to? not MANY ppl can give there 2 cents here because all they know is word of mouth and have no experiance with RLMS.

i say go to RLMS.

Yea but what about the 10 year olds crying about how terrible the shop is because of a story that there friends, sisters, uncles, brother in laws cousins next door neighbor told them? It goes both ways, anyone serious about there car that came on here to ask a tuning question and saw this thread would be like…are you fucking kidding me I’m outta here!

Everyone is different and this is what makes the world go around. It is also what separates the good from the bad. I don’t care if people here have personal problems due to attitude or whatnot. I am new to tuning anything so that is why I posted this thread on a car forum. Looking for feedback. It is def getting out of hand.

I will personally talk to some of the mentioned shops and make my decision based on what I see and hear from them.

Bingo! Just go to each shop talk to some people and then choose who suits your needs the best.

This is srsly the wrong forum to ask, go on a vette forum or ls1tech and you’ll get more than enough info then you will calling the shops

Just go to each shop talk to some people and then choose who suits your needs the best.

Ding ding ding.

let’s see, i had called RLMS when i bought my corvette. they weren’t very cordial and didn’t want to work with me at all. kind of gave me a bad taste to start with. i have people telling me left and right about cars grenadeing on the dyno because of bad tunes. groups of mustangs going to the shop, one gets tuned, blows up and everyone else just leaves. Tonys Gfs SRT-8, what happened with that? My bother in-law, an Albany county Sherriff finds Howard in a customer’s car in a parking lot with some sort of fluid all over the ground, and he was supposedly not racing a red SS f-body in the area who was persuied but the cop cars wont do over 110 so they didnt have a chance. o and this red f-body was found in the redlines parking lot the next morning. oops! i understand that u need to road test the cars but y would there be what looking like trans fluid all over the parking lot and must we be racing customer cars? when i joined this forum, one of the first things i have read was about Tony (1evilzr1) trying to hit 200mph on RT9!!! JESUS CHRIST!! really bro? if u want to kill yourself fine, but dont risk everyone elses lives who daily drive RT9, some of which being my sister and her family. hum…what else. u got Jon making threads about me telling me how when he sees me he going to kick my ass and whatnot. BRO, i dont care how well you can assemble an engine or how big your E-penis is, makes no difference to me MR Mechanical Engineer extraordinaire! takes a genius to slap Pre filed rings into your bought forged pistons and insert them into a machined block. keep bettering the world one motor at a time.:thumbup and last but not least, the Jammer situation. seems to me he is being a little nice about the whole thing because i have herd first hand otherwise. who the fuck treats there good friend like that? kind of makes u wonder if that’s how his friends cars are treated, what they actually do to customer cars. FUCK THAT!

i have my opinion just like everyone else. if you dont like it, talk shit back! i dont mind. not going to hurt my feelings. i prefer ECS or Vette Dr’s. have been to both shops and both are great bunch of dudes. im also not saying that Howard isnt a great guy, just dont like the taste i have in my mouth about the shop. and everyone in this thread saying this and that about me really shows how much couth you have. keep reping the shops name, you doing a great job! :Idiots

Lotta dumb in here.

ROFL #1.

ROFL #2.

ROFL #3.

ROFL #4.

You seem to be so pissed off over some people bashing Howard, so you go and bash Morgan like it hurts us. Interesting logic there.

Now I understand why you hate them. Thank you.

I’ve considered getting a Z06 once or twice (If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em right?), mainly for the convenience of a place to get it tuned (RLMS), but after hearing some of the horror stories and bad blood with some of the people I consider close friends, I would not go to Howard. Not to mention, there’s no way I’d ever tell anyone I got a car tuned by RLMS just to make sure I don’t get thrown into the same pool as some of the people that posted in this thread that may/may not lower my intelligence. Just saying.

LOL Cossey, Plus one my friend

Good write up

In summary, I learned that Dez will tune my E85 car. WIN.

Best idea yet, either stop by RLMS or call Howard on the phone, i dont think the time will be wasted…

IDK What police car tops out at 110, but i know of a certain PD Crown vic that tops out around 125-130 :rofl

Also while I’m not sticking up for RLMS, I will just say that talking to howard first hand he seems like a cool enough guy. I have heard some shit in the past, but up untill this past year or two ago RLMS was more of a hobby shop for those guys from what I know, Howard picked and chooses what he wanted to do, it wasn’t his main business it was somethign he did on the side for fun, and from talking to him he never expected to get this big and well now RLMS is a growing buisness, so maybe now they are going about their customer service a little better… IDK just sayin

What does me driving 200mph have to do with who is the areas best vette tuner? If you dont like me fine! I could really care less and will not lose sleep!

Talked to Vette Doctors this morning. Will be heading down there in May to get everything said and done. They were very polite and I told them upfront I had never been tuned before so they gave me detailed information and helped me to understand the whole process.

I understand that RLMS is much much closer but there is just to much controversy surrounding the place. Backed up or not backed up, i’m not going to take the risk. Vette Doctors has an A+ reputation on Corvette Forums so I made my choice.

He is essentially saying that as one of Howard’s representatives of his work, and the one that seems to defend him til your mouth falls off, you’re giving a bad representation of Howard’s target demographic for sales and service.
But, for once, this thread is not about you so you should be left out of it. This thread is about RLMS and other places to get a Corvette tuned.

Tony I dont know you, but cossey makes a really good point here…