Beaverun "low key" autocrosses

Beaver just added some of their low key autocrosses to their schedule. In short, this means there are no classes to run in. Its more like a test n tune sorta deal. You can autox or drift if you wanted to. Even swap cars with others. And the cars don’t have to be street legal. Usually you’ll get more seat time than a regular NHSCC or SCCA autox, so this is a good way to get a feel for your car. If you don’t have your own helmet they can get you one. First two are scheduled Wednesday April 11th and Saturday April 14th.

More info…(cost, times, etc)
http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_autocross.htm

And to check on their calender…
http://www.beaverun.com/schedule_event_schedule.asp

If I can make it to one of these, I will be coming. Gotta try out the new car.

not sure if my brakes will be done by then, but I definitely would like to hit one of these up for some practice!

Definately come out to some AutoX this summer Whitey. I want to see the battle of you VS. Cheeks in the 240’s

i want to try this but i know im going to suck i will probably have my new springs installed by these so im going to try and come

Like I said there are usually at least one per month. Just to give you guys a rundown of how the day usually goes. You show up and pay right at the gate, tell them your there for the autox and go get a parking spot. Dump all the loose stuff outta your car (floor mats, CD cases, etc) and wait for them to do the drive thru of the course (if you get their early enough you can walk it). If its during the weekday evening you’ll run straight through till they close. If its a Saturday event, usually in the morning you’ll get 5-10 runs in. They break for lunch, start up about a hour later and you get to run to the point where you are tired. You’ll get your moneys worth as far as seat time which is nice.

Usually Chris Huff is running things, he’s a cool dude he usually lets me change the course to something longer/faster during the lunch break. Times are done by a stop watch, so its always give or take a few tenths hehe. I should also mention you don’t have to be there exactly when the event starts. Long as you pay you can show up ANYTIME after the event starts, you just get to learn the course on the fly. These events usually draw more newbies than the regular autocrossers, so its pretty relaxed.

Id love to try this, but I think my car is too heavy

You can autocross just about anything and a 4th gen f-body is alot heavier than most autocrossing cars. What does it weigh? 3,800?

Keith beat me to it, yea F-bodys prove anything can autox haha (not to mention for their size some of them arn’t to bad at it either).

Huh, i didn’t know they ran the low-key autox so mellow like that. I’m definitly going to try to bring something out.

yeah it weighs about 3800

i should take the TA :kekegay:

I’m definitely down to take the Cavalier out there and run that a little.

Then you and I are in the same weight class. Will it be harder to drive than most other cars? Yep. Is it a bad thing? Nope. In fact, if you can sling two tons around an autocross course, think about how much easier of a time you will have adjusting to 1.5 tons…

I haven’t been out to Beaver run yet, during the April 11 or April 14 runs, will they take one car out at a time like at North Park? or do you run with five or six cars on the track at the same time?
:dunno:

Runs like North Park pretty much (this isnt door to door or anything lol). They can only run one car on the course at a time since timing is done with a stopwatch not a computer. Still the event goes along pretty quick.

i’ll bring the RX-7 out

gt420hp this is sort of :offtopic:, but I think I saw the yellow stang you used to have that’s on your site. There is one right by my house and IIRC identical hood, blue cage, all that. When did you get rid of it? The pics look pretty good on the site but this thing was looking ragged.

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun…i may take the Crossfire and me and the wife can try it out in a low key setting. It has been a long time since i autocrossed, been more of a quater miler than anything…

During a EVO school I had one of the instructors tell me he couldn’t believe how well the crossfire handled. A student there had one that was a auto, but he had done just a few mild upgrades on the brakes to handle open lapping days and he said the car was doing just fine. So yea bring it out!