Beaverun "low key" autocrosses

So a better schedule for the next few months has been released. I think I’m going to try to go out maybe on May 23rd since I’m busy all the ones prior to that. They are also having their July 4th event which is always a good event. If anyone else decides to hit up a weekday after the 23rd post up and let me know maybe I’ll try to make it out. And though there is alot of shit going on this weekend there is a race at North Park on Sunday the 22nd if anyone is interested in racing or just stopping by to watch!

Schedule:

April 11, weekday, 4-7pm
April 14, weekend, 10-4pm

May 2, weekday, 4-7pm
May 12, weekend, 10-4pm
May 23, weekday, 4-7pm

June 2, weekend, 10-4pm
June 6, weekday, 4-7pm

July 4, weekday, 10-4pm *
July 11, weekday, 4-7pm

Aug 1, weekday, 4-7pm
Aug 22, weekday, 4-7pm

Sept 5, weekday, 4-7pm
Sept 19, weekday, 4-7pm

• Denotes weekday event running weekend event schedule

Cost:

Events will be scheduled at least 1 month in advance

Evening 4:00 - 7:00 $30

Weekend Autocross: 10:00- 4:00 $35

This is a good event. I went to the first weekend one and there were only 5 cars there. I got so many runs in I couldn’t count. Chris, the guy who runs it, is a real nice guy. He was there with a stop watch and writing down your best time. Overall it was well worth the money and if more people come out, it can be a lot of fun. Its a very laid back environment. I had tons of fun running my car for the first time. Thanks again to Chris and I will be back soon!

Anyone heading out this Saturday?

Steel cities is racing down at falconi field on Saturday, so I expect the turnout at beaver to be low. Hey at least you’ll get lots of runs hehe. Like I mentioned before I’m going on May 23rd (its a wednesday evening event) if anyone is interested.

I think I’m going to try and go out to beaver on saturday, I was going to do falconi, but I think I woudl like to do this first just to get that little extra practice.

I’m in the same boat. I just got my helmet in the mail yesterday so I will be out for sure.

It was a blast.

David Albeck uploaded this video to

This is the first time I have gone out and ran one of my cars. I have been on a few fun runs with people, but this was a first. The car shocked people, having a best run of 45.05 clean when compared to the rest of the bunch it stacked up ass follows.

04 GP N/A 45.05
05 350Z (mostly stock) 45.56
05 Mustang GT (springs, caster plates, gears, intake) 46.90
early 90’s vette (mostly stock with stickies) 44.07
06 350 with track package 43.17
80’s 944 turbo with stickies, cage all the goodies 43.50
06 350Z owned by beaver run and driven my our instructor 32.15
Among many others, but these where the ones that stood out to me.

All in all it was a great day. I got some great comments about the way the car sounded (a guy in a vette told me it sounded “pissed off”) I made 8 passes getting better and quicker with each one. I got nervous when the car was making some whining so I called it quits and headed home. After about 10 miles on the freeway I pulled over and the whining was gone. I suspect that I pushed the car too hard for the power steering and it was getting over worked. Hopefully it wont come back to bite me in the ass.

It was a blast.

David Albeck uploaded this video to

This is the first time I have gone out and ran one of my cars. I have been on a few fun runs with people, but this was a first. The car shocked people, having a best run of 45.05 clean when compared to the rest of the bunch it stacked up ass follows.

04 GP N/A 45.05
05 350Z (mostly stock) 45.56
05 Mustang GT (springs, caster plates, gears, intake) 46.90
early 90’s vette (mostly stock with stickies) 44.07
06 350 with track package 43.17
80’s 944 turbo with stickies, cage all the goodies 43.50
06 350Z owned by beaver run and driven my our instructor 32.15
Among many others, but these where the ones that stood out to me.

All in all it was a great day. I got some great comments about the way the car sounded (a guy in a vette told me it sounded “pissed off”) I made 8 passes getting better and quicker with each one. I got nervous when the car was making some whining so I called it quits and headed home. After about 10 miles on the freeway I pulled over and the whining was gone. I suspect that I pushed the car too hard for the power steering and it was getting over worked. Hopefully it wont come back to bite me in the ass.

wow, thats awesome man!! 8 runs??? :nuts:

wish i would have gone

If I wouldn’t have left early I imagine I would have got close to 13-15.

It was an awesome time with alot of really nice and helpful people.

wish I could have gone… my car is in a few pieces right now, and I’m taking a break, hopefully I can get it running so I can leave the house tonight

:sadwavey:

I will have to see how the money is going and I might make it out then as well.

Damn them, they did the pinching “S” start. Most manual cars can’t even get outta first gear with that damn thing. It was probably almost forcing you to go lock to lock with the wheel, probably one of the reasons it started making noise. If your really worried about it I’m sure there is some sort of better fluid you can put in there. Most normal autox’s around here won’t have stuff that tight. Still thats good to hear you had a good time! Car looked pretty good out there. Lemme know if your heading out this Sunday.

I ran first gear (get me to 40-43 mph) damn near the whole track other then in 2 spots.

I am gonna change over to a better power steering fluid and will be out for the wednesday evening event of the 23rd. Should also make it out to the Sunday event on the 20th.

Bump for this wednesday, myself and Victorsmalls should be in attendance!

Yep, I will be out :slight_smile:

Alright so at the end of this week there is actually a weekend event at beaverun. Runs from 10-4pm, but they jack the price up to $35. Good news is you’ll probably run till your dead tired or your car is on fire, the seat time you get on the weekend events at beaver is pretty awesome.

I think the next big one after this worth going to would be on July 4th they are having some big thing going on that has autox included, so I might hit that one also.

I am THERE this weekend

So beaver is having another autox on July 4th. Runs from 10-4(ish) so thats plenty of time to get home to drink and watch explosions. Cost is $35 bucks I think. Suppose to be a decent group of people heading up so I figured I’d drop a line here and see if anyone was interested.