Beaverun "low key" autocrosses

Haha that was the infamous Mark Aubele mustang of doom. Unfortunately he wrecked that car on a hillclimb last year, suppose to be building something new for this year.

can’t make Sat. I’ll be at north park sunday.

I hear the vda at br is even slicker than last year, or I think it’s been nicknamed the “ice rink” at br. lol!

ran on it today…seemed like there was a good bit of sand on there.

Otherwise, a great day. I would hate to be fwd on that type of surface.

ZEX350 was the orange Z yours? I sorta knew the car but wasn’t sure, cool to see you take it out though. Yea it was sandy as hell, even more so than usual. I was able to get the civic around ok though once the line cleared up. Also had my first shifter kart experience today I may never be the same.

Yep that was me. Was that you running like a 34 in the black civic? If so, sick car!

Who’s shifter cart where you on? I rented the Beaverun karts once for an hour - I couldn’t lift my arms for the next 2 days, it was awesome LOL

I met one of the instructors today - real cool guy. I got his phone number for the May 5th flatout day. Any interest in running on north track?

Yea the black hatch was mine, thanks for the compliment! I got down to a 34.3 I think near the end of the day. Of course with someone using a stopwatch you always take the times with a grain of salt you know?

The shifter was the kart that was their being towed by the suby wagon, that was my friend Scott. Its seriously unholy, I’m questioning anything else I’ve ever driven after that experience haha.

I think the instructor you met was Chris, he’s a real good guy. His 350Z is badass I think he said it just wasn’t ready to come out yet. Wasn’t Whitey running beaverun on May 5th?

Actually I just checked the calendar. May 10th is the date - I had it mixed up. I’m going to contact Chris prior and see if he is available to sit in with me. No better advice from someone who drives the same vehicle :slight_smile:

what kind of times was everyone getting? i was in the silver 3rd gen eclipse. i think my times were…42,41,40,39,39,40, and 37 on the last run. i wish i would have written them down to know the exact times. maybe next time.

I remember your car I was in front of you a few times. I think technically the fastest thing there was the shifter kart. I think it pulled in somewhere between a 32 and a 30 I’m not really sure. I know the one Evo was running 36’s? Again its all done on a stopwatch, so time up there is subjective to a degree.

Tlowest I heard the kart @ was 32.xx

I think the Evo actually hit a 34.9x

I hit a 37.41, but a instructor managed a 37.1x out of my car.

Why I remember these numbers? - I don’t know haha.

My buddy’s E46 M3 was a best of 38.xx

Actually that time in the EVO was set by either me or Scott (kart owner) haha. The car’s owner is a new guy I know he was letting me try the car out. I think your right though about the kart it was a 32 something. If you were .3 or so off Chris driving your Z thats not to bad.

Well, I don’t think Chris was beating the snot out of my car either lol. He was also showing me a few things around the course so he probably could have done better IMO. He is the BEST instructor I’ve had in my car yet. He knows how to put driving technique into words…which is difficult for many.

i couldn’t agree more. this was my first time at an autox and he rode with me for a few practice laps. if it weren’t for him it would have taken a while just to learn the course. i had a blast and i will def be back up there this summer a few times.

So you can drift at this “low key” beaverun event, it sounds like from the first post…?

sounds like a fun time to me…

Heads up for anyone interested. There is a low-key event this Saturday June 7th from 10-4pm. I would go but I gotta take care of some maintenance stuff on the civic. But you get ass loads of seat time during Saturday events so I wanted to mention it here. Details for anyone interested is in the link below!

http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_autocross.htm

I’ll be there…

I was going to go, but now I have a funeral to go to at noon. :frowning:

So looks like BR has pumped up their autox schedule, they are pretty much racing every Wednesday night now.
http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_autocross.htm

If my tires are mounted in time (should be) I’m probably going to go up Wednesday. 4-7pm and its 30 bucks. Figured I would see if anyone else was interested.

Wont be done by wednesday, im gona shoot for the 16th though