Election Day

Are you voting today? For those in Erie county you finally have a chance to replace Giambra as county executive with either Collins or Keane. Im voting for Collins. Also voting for Hochul for clerk since she was the one who finally got those 190 tolls taken down.

I will be out voting today. I have off today because its election day!!!

Not voting…i live in vermont… who knows what is going on here… i have not been filled in yet.

Voting on lunch.
Collins
Hochul
Weinstein
Anderson
Fuck no on Amherst prop 1
No on Amherst prop 2
Fuck no on Amherst prop 3

Oh, and I’ll probably smile and laugh as I pull the republican lever for Bill Kindel’s Amherst Town Board spot now that he lost the republican nomination. I’ve actually been in a yelling match with him at a town board meeting and nothing will bring me more political joy than watching him lose his seat this election.

:lol: All I can picture is one of the college humor “If a forum held a board meeting” video’s.

Nice to see the Collins support. I wouldn’t trust Jim Keane farther than I could throw him. Plus I really can’t wait to see what Chris does with the whole Bass Pro/waterfront clusterfuck. I predict he actually makes something happen with Bass Pro, and pwn3s Sam Hoyt if he tries anything.

Chris has been very successful in business. I hope he is able to have the same type of impact on Erie county, but I am fearful that he will end up being one against many.

wow what are 1 and 3 that u hate so much

If Keane gets elected I will have to believe that Erie County likes getting the same old government that has been screwing them for years.

If Keane gets elected I will declare Erie County retarded.

Go Collins!

Prop 1 is hopefully Bill Kindel’s last ever proposition in Amherst. It’s to borrow 12 million dollars to buy up undisclosed green space so it can’t be developed. It will cost Amherst tax payers about 30 million by the time you factor in interest on the 20 year loan and the loss of taxes on the land. It’s probably the single dumbest thing I’ve ever seen proposed in local law.

Prop 3 is Dan Ward’s proposition to force Satish Mohan to select a board member as his deputy supervisor, basically making it illegal for the position not to be a political patronage job.

bump

The polling place workers for district 42 said it’s been a pretty good turnout. Come on people, get out and vote. You all bitch about NY but then refuse to vote.

Anderson
Collins
Weinstien

oh, & :tdown: pr 1, 2, & 3

who the fuck said collins was a good business man?? are you stupid??

he loaned tons of money to a slumlord to renovate buildings,and then ended up losing all the money and writing it off…

collins= idiot

He provided a private loan and lost money. It’s one investment of MANY he has made. He’s a self made millionaire so my question is how can you say he’s not a good businessman? No matter how good you are not every investment you make is going to pay off.

Straight D line except for highway superintendent, the guy we have now did a good job. No No Yes on the amherst props

I don’t know why people think politician is the only job where experience is a negative. When you get these neophytes, particularly ones who only give a damn about the rich, into positions where they’ve never done anything of the sort before, it’s trouble. Keane was a veteran of the Gorski admin, the one that actually like ran the government properly and had a surplus

Just got back from the polls. Flipped lots of levers.

It’s easy to have a surplus when you raise taxes 70%.

I’m very happy with Satish, a political newcomer. Sure he had some rough patches while he worked his way through, but his insistance on change really shined a light on Bill Kindel, who was resisting change every chance he got. Guess who’s gone? Bill Kindel. Amherst is now saving millions because Satish forced through a single health insurance provider, we didn’t get fucked on storm cleanup costs, and the assessment system mess has come crashing down, forcing it to be fixed instead of Grelicks rubber stamping of a broken system.

I’m hoping for the same thing with Collins. Let him rattle the cage until the next election and watch the people of this county see how corrupt some of these entrenched politicians are. Plus his plan of negotiating directly with the union rank and file by offering them 50% of what ever savings they negotiate sounds like the only way some of these costly union perks are going to go away. 50% goes to taxpayer savings, 50% goes to union rank and file salaries, union mob bosses lose the power.

I wish we could clone Satish and just install him in every county.

no shit… Mohan is the man. I’ve been following him fairly close and he’s done what he said he would and doesn’t seem to sway easily. Can’t say that about many politicians these days

bunch of shady crooks