Free Parking Downtown... for now

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41320

Someone went all Italian Job on the meters.

Drive downtown and you will notice rows of missing parking meters. The metal pipe is still there, but the vault where you drop your change is gone. The city says someone is stealing the meters.

I parked in a phantom meter spot numerous times, and never got a ticket.

lol wtf.

sweet!

It aint free, they said on the news the will still enforce the parking laws if its over two hours.

GOOOOD

money in the bank

yeah well, that would require a person to sit and watch the cars all day, or drive around and remember every car and how long it has been sitting there.

I’m not sure how that 2 hour ticket would hold up in court unless they had someone watch your car for 2 straight hours. How can they prove you didn’t leave and come back?

no they sai that they have some type of paint that they put by the car and u can only see it with a blck light ot somethin

they use a yellow colored chalk on the tire.

On the tread I assume? If so, they must have hired a consultant for that idea. No way anyone in Buffalo parking enforcement was that smart.

They chalk the tire & the ground…it’d be pretty improbable that you would leave and come back to have the lines line up perfectly

i’m going to follow the meter maid and her chalk with a hose.

what does one do with stolen parking meters? i am just trying to figure out a motive here.

take out the 10 dollars worth of quarters and cost the city probably tens-hundreds of thousands…

On the news last night they said each meter could have between $30 and $60 in it. So if you average $45 each, and from the news it looked like at least 15, that’s almost $700.

Not bad for a nights work… if you’re into stealing stuff anyway. Besides, how many tips do you think the city is really going to get about this crime?

I don’t park downtown much, even less on the street, but I’m still surprised I never saw them do this before.

I don’t park downtown much, even less on the street, but I’m still surprised I never saw them do this before.

lol @ the truth of this

the double meters weigh a ton, need at least 3 guys to carry them and they’re a pain in the ass to crack open. or so i hear :snky:

Awww, I thought you were talking about NYC.

Boo to 25 cents for 10 minutes… 1 hour max…

or, just getting assfucked for 40 bucks for 2 hours at a gayrage