I Know this is a longshot......

well then compete in his car all next season, you can’t “talk” your way into sponsorships

I totally agree with that comment. I just need to convince him to let me drive his car like that all next season lol.

Sooo…Jake, lol sorry about that. Anyways a 96hp 4cyc thats 15 years old eh? Add like 4 hp and 2 years and you have my civic. Get a daily driver, run the truck like hell till it blows.

You mentioned Justin driving your car and you think it would only be a few tenths. Yet you can beat your friends who are also new to the sport. Thats not much comparison. My advice, have a local hotshoe take your truck for a spin or two. Or drive one of their cars, see how you compared to someone who has been doing this for awhile. THEN see where you stand. Hell if we had more events you could funrun my car, though I don’t think you’d like the seats to much. Beating on friends is easy, I mean look at Kurt he needs a EVO to catch up to me zing

As for sponserships, a few people locally are sponsered by local garages. Unless your going to national tours you won’t get to many big companies locally. Justin’s STi trophied at nationals, now he’s getting a new ZZYZX coilover setup for half the price because he got his name out there.

That is what I was talking about.

Also, you have a much higher rev range since you are a cam in head engine, not a cam in block engine. If I could rev like that we wouldnt have this conversation.

Torque > revving, at least for autox. You can make revving work, but you want the powerband as broad and flat as possible. But again I know what your getting at. If your are wondering whats actaully allowed per class, dunno if you knew they had the book online, but click this and goto ‘Street Prepared’ and that should point you in the right direction.

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2006_solo_rules.pdf

2 10ths behind you in the civic clean once i for 2 runs into it :wink: codrive and we’ll see what happens.

It’ll spin you. Still a ways off from the half second I put down on you in the KIA of doom :burnout:

codrive and we’ll see what happens :wink: :wink:

can someone sponsor me and my truck? my truck is more rare than an s10 and I am a good driver also. :x:

lol ‘drifting’

No offense, but no one is going to give you any of their money to help you play with your truck. You might think that you are a pretty good driver, but I would bet that you are much further off of what the best local drivers can do than you think. Even if you were the very best driver I still don’t think you would get much help. There just isn’t much exposure in the local market. You should just plan on having fun with what you have and take Habib up on his offers to try his car. I bet his times would kick your ass. Sorry this if off topic.

sr20det the s10 and run mod class :smiley:

did you consolidate with dk yet?

Give me a fucking break dude.

There are way better things I could do with one of those engines.

could you hang with quik? if not you aint shit

:bowrofl:

Driving penis cars in a straight line isnt all that hard dude. Lets see him take some turns and then we will talk.

i’d say a season at nationals and then find out how good of a driver you are

Seems like you might have to.