I Know this is a longshot......

hahah

Back to reality. All your thoughts are contradictory to your goals, hence…“longshot.” Please revise life plan. /thread

96 hp truck, as I recall from years ago - going to NHSCC events, most of the fastest times of day were sub 150 hp cars. Experience is #1. The more seat time you have as a driver the better you will be. Being “gifted” as a driver is USUALLY BS although there is some hidden talents. I would say jsut from reading your posts that your probably not worthy of a sponsor yet - no offense. You haven’t been consistant enough yet for anyone to value your skills. Just go get some more seat time and make sure its what you really want. I don’t know if sponsorships in autocross are the biggest things either, unless competing on a national level. Good Luck either way, but don’t expect anything to come easy!

racing NHSCC isn’t going to get a sponsorship, they’re just a car club that hands out a nice plaque at the end of the year, it will get you SEAT TIME (very very important) but until he competes nationally he’s not going to find anything. Most of the guys (and i’m just saying most) that I talked to that went from local to national realized REAL FAST they couldnt’ compete.

Duck n Cover Wow you made a comment like that on here and half the site hasn’t torn this thread apart yet. Some of the best drivers I know both here and nationally came over from drag racing. Some of them just get it, others didn’t. And if you ever have to do a prosolo (autox with a drag start and two courses mirrored). You better know how to pull a good reaction time, good 60ft time, etc since that stuff depends on your course time. (quick video, notice the timing tree, occationally you see and hear the car on the opposite side of the course).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8555513320800802314&q=prosolo

A few years ago I was standing next to Kurt while Pewter was talking about some of the finer points of drag racing. Probaly learned more in those 5 mins about drag racing than I ever will off the internet lol. With my car being dirt slow, autox just makes more sense right now.

Long as i’m ranting. You even know what class you want to take the truck into? A V8 swap is gonna push you into a really high class. Probaly SM2 with all the supercharged miatas on DOT race tires. You’ll HAVE to use race tires if you ever even want to be noticed in class up that high, even now race tires will net you more time than a V8 swap. Also didn’t a V6 come in those year of S10’s? You can swap in the V6 that came in your year of truck and still stay in a lower class. You’ll probaly be more competive down in a Street Prepared class rather than up in mod. That would be my route, race tires, then maybe a V6.

Right now I am looking at SM2, or SM. I am keeping the v8 pretty much stock except for a cam and intake mani set, high flow oil pump, oil cooler, and an oil pan with a windage tray. If my welder stops dicking with me I might convert the rear to a 4 link setup and using some strange engineering coilovers. It is just like an airride configuration, but with coilovers replacing the air bags. The whole reason I am going v8 instead of v6 is that the v8 has very little wiring to deal with, and a huge aftermarket. The v6 has a lot of wiring to deal with, wont work with my current transmission, has a smaller aftermarket, and is harder to maintain.

What will the weight distribution of you V8 s10 be and how will you adjust your suspension to compensate for the utter power and lack of balance this mean machine will produce ultimately making you the best driver evar, other than quik?

:rofl:

how dare your dis drag racing like that.

just for that comment you deserve flamed!
master-o-drifto in yo s10

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

that should be his user title :smiley:

Depending on what the output will be looking like, and with the setup I plan to run I expect no more than 300-ish to the wheels. The setup in suspension I am planning on running should allow me some adjustment to compensate for the power/weight ratio, and for the weight balance. Like I said, I wont know until I can get the thing dyno’d after the swap, and get the suspension redone in the rear. Then a lot of seat time and adjustment is what I will need to tune it right. I will of course, after all that work, make the move to some wider, stickier r-compound tires.

good luck, but like pretty much everyone else has said, if you want a decent sponsorship not only will you have to win, but your truck will have to perform right (not breaking down every week) and you will have to fix up the exterior, because most sponsors want to sponsor a car/truck that will get attention.

dyno means nothing in autocross

I know that, but it will help in determining the power weight ratio. I need that and the full weight balance before I tune the suspension.

you need corner scales to balance suspension

I am not an idiot, I know that. I was saying I would need a power/weight ratio and a corner weight to tune the suspension.