i realized recently that my inspection expired in november...

Will i be getting a prorated fine like if you don’t have insurance? I am going to take care of it tomorrow.

No.

Inspection or registration ? You’ll get a fine if it was the reg and you didn’t have insurance and failed to turn in the plates. If it is just inspection, no fine.

christ. i meant registration.

i had insurance the whole time, but never turned in the plates.

ya you can get in trouble. they charge you ever day past the day you were suppose to turn the plates in and can suspend your registration just ask sean all about that

so your registration expired, but yu kept driving the car on the roads with insurance? id say the car was stored and go to the DMV and play dumb

they wont care…DMV is ruthless when it comes to collecting fines

i just renewed the registration online. i wish i had know it was that easy.

you sure there is a fine?

only if there is an insurance lapse. as long as your car was insured the whole time youre fine.

i think.

yeh, i think you’re right. it’s citeable, but not automatic…

As for driving without current registration, this is an offense which you can be cited for by law enforcement.

I’m pretty sure you will be OK. When your insurance lapses and you still have the plates, thats when you get fucked by the DMV. Come to think of it, I think I had a car that had expired registration but was still insured, and nothing came of it.

i’m actually really glad you made a thread about this. i just realized that my registration is expired also. it was last week or so that i realized that my reg expired in december. i’m going on friday to renew it. nyspeed DMV meet? :lol:

You are def. ok. My car sat from Nov - Nov of this year with the plates on and expired for a year. I did keep the insurance on it so there was no fine.

Yes, if the car with the plates has insurance then your fine…

Thats the main reason why I got fucked yesterday was because there was a lapse inbetween transfering plates of 25 days from Vehicle A to Vehicle B

is it bad that I since I have turned 16 I have not owned a car long enough to have it inspected/registered?
as in i have not owned a car longer than a year…

it’s only bad if you don’t pay for them yourself. so you are fine.

ahhaha

my jetta was the only car that i had to re-register, and i sold it a month or two after i re-regestered it

That inspection thing reminded me- Mine expired in July, and it’s my daily driver.:rofl: I better take care of that.

i should have read better. thanks jam and evil jay for informing me of the ability to register online. i just took care of it. now hopefully i won’t get pulled over between now and the 2 weeks it takes to receive the new sticker.

that was way easier than waiting in line. :tup: