job interview advice

no bashing or anything i just want some helpfull info and tips for an interview. this job is important to be and its not fast food or anything like that.

i have a pair of khackis and a nice shirt im going to where, is this good?

and advice is appreciated
thanks steve

no matter where i have a interview i always dress in shirt and tie, making a good first impression is always a good thing.

make sure to say yes instead of yup or yea
make eye contact…

talk alot but dont interupt them,smile,seem outgoing.Be ready for random questions like why do you think you would be good for this job…

speak up, speak clear, don’t be indecisive, EYE CONTACT, don’t be nervous, be likable (i know thats hard :wink: ), firm handshake while LOOKING HIM IN THE EYE, don’t sound fake or like a jackass

fuck, this is going to be tough for me, im not usually much of a people person and shy, but im going to try what yous say

reach around?

what you wear depends on what youre applying for.

tips:
a lot of companies will ask you questions about a negative experience (ie. something you tried and failed at) the most important part of this question is that you explain how you learned from your failure and made it a positive thing.

be confident, not cocky. tell them how you are the right person for the job but dont make it sound like youre the man.

try to use examples to show you are motivated, a team player, that you can be a leader, you have the ability to communicate well with others, and that youre competitive.

let them know youre not just applying for the job youre applying for. let them know you have goals and aspirations to move forward within that company. most companies arent just looking for an employee to fill the position, theyre looking for someone who wants to be the next VP

have confidence when you answer questions.

dont look at boobs either… unless theyre nice… KIDDING

walk in, shake their hand before they can to you

DRESS NICE!!! even if you dont own nice clothes, nor wear them, get them now cause one day dressed nice will provide you with money there after

theyre going to understand youre nervous, dont worry about it, just be calm

be confident, NOT cocky, explain that you are what theyre looking for, but dont tell them that no one else can hold a candle to you.

shake their hand at the end

just be the interviewer… what would YOU look for if YOU were interviewing someone for a job

good luck!

USE PROPER ENGLISH FOR FUCKS SAKE. dont say “yous”, etc

i dont talk like i type

i highly doubt that

also… what is the job youre going for ? you may have posted it in another thread but i didnt see it

Be confident is key. Don’t talk over the interviewer. Don’t let awkward pauses happen. Take note of something in their office and have a “chit chat” conversation about it.

Answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability. If you don’t know something about their process admit to not knowing much about it but you are willing to learn. You hope to grow with the company. Be friendly and be positive

Have a good answer to Why are manhole covers round…

detailer

Ask them questions as to not seem like that guy who is just interviewing because he can. It shows that you are really interested.

nice… well i was the detail manager for bobby rahal mercedes in pittsburgh for 3+ yrs…

pretty much take what everyones been telling ya… not much more advice than youve already got here… just take it, and understand like i said, the interviewer already knows youre gonna be nervous so dont worry about it

would it be a good idea to park my car out of site, seriously my winter car does not look too appealing

i wouldnt worry about it… one of the guys i hired drove a 77 camaro… 3 different colors and smoked, but was one the best detailers we had there…

infact you could use your car as breaking the ice… say something like dont take my car as example of my work and say its your winter beater…

i doubt he/she is really gonna care as long as you go in with respect