Job Interview at 4PM

And I am skurred. JClark offered a hug but it didn’t feel heart felt. :frowning:

I offered no such thing.

Shake and bake. If you’re not first you’re last. Dont fuck up. Etc.

I have the IM logs to prove it.

Your words of wisdom are encouraging. :lol

Good luck man.

so how did it go

It went pretty good. They use SharePoint differently than I do so I didn’t have a lot of experience but I did well in all the other stuff. I am a member of the NYC SharePoint / .NET User group and I sat next to this guy at a conference. It was very weird. I think he was wearing the same exact suit too. The money was fantastic but the shop was too small.

I have another interview Monday. Maybe I’ll like that place more. I was really hoping I’d like this. Great money/2.5 miles from me. :frowning:

If you don’t mind I would like to talk with you about your career. I want to get some input about the job from a real-world standpoint. If you don’t mind, that is.

Sure. Fire away. There’s other technical resources on this forum too to help.

I’d prefer to keep it to PM or hell even in person… I don’t need to advertise my questions to the public lol.

PM me mang. I live in NYC so a date is not possible. My heart is with JClark too.

Lmao at the JClark comment.

Chris there are a bunch of us local. Go read your other thread…I might have an internship for you down the road. Let me know if you’d be interested. The current guy is leaving before the end of the year from what I understand. Not sure if my boss will immediately be looking for an intern but I was an intern here when I started and it wasn’t a bad gig at all. It’s in Glenmont, NY.

Sorry…anyway…

OP…a 2nd interview is good. I’m sure you know this :). Good luck bro!

PM’d.

I’m ‘in’ (currently working for a company while going to school, looking for a diff job for May) a field similar to Shawn. I’ll be able to answer related questions as well.

Same here man, I may not be as in depth in the field as Shawn, but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM

A different place. Some places here don’t do 2nd interview. It depends on the company. I’ve been at places where they talk numbers within an hour. It’s a bit weird.

The IT field is huge. It can be relaxing or ridiculously intense.

There’s a TON of flexibility depending on what you can do: hardware/software/management which can be broken down further: support/hardware tech/QA/Business Analysts/developers/engineers/etc…

I’ve been with enough companies to know that you can hate the same shit you do at one company vs another or the same exact stuff but different client. Just find something you like and roll with it.

oh, fuck sharepoint btw, I had to set up my companies site. Fucking sucked.

IT FTL.

SharePoint can be a fantastic thing if used right. It can be a nightmare so I know exactly what you mean.

I tried migrating it to a VM, BOOM failed during the transfer to a virtual mation. FAWK. Rebuild from scratch.

I could have told you that. :lol