Just what we need in Pittsburgh

Are they wearing black eye makeup yet?

not yet :slight_smile:

I listen to everything…honestly EVERYTHING. In my collection I have techno, rap, r&b, Country, bluegrass, swing, alternative, emo…you name it I have the cd.

I like B94 now only bc there is barely any commercials, and no one talking, when I start my day it has to have music in it…not talking!!!

I love the X. Froggy gets annoying but they play good music, as does Y108, but its all talk and too many commercials!

Exactly why I HEART SIRIUS!

I dont find anything particularly wrong with metal or rock…but I grew up w/ my parents listening to it and I hate listening to DVE because of it.

Im more into alternative, some punk, some emo (its actualy decent music), and I absolutly LOVE rockabilly!!! instead of DVE.

My dad wouldnt allow me to listen to MTV and the old B94 when I was a kid…now a days I realize why…but as long as they are taught right I believe music only has a certain effect on kids. I would have to say 70% of the kids listening to Kiss or B94 or wamo, shit even the x and dve…have no clue what those songs really mean or even say.

I have roughly 700 or so CD’s, not including the mp3 collection and I’d be willing to bet maybe 30 or so you’d even recognize. People are far too quick to say I listen to everything, which they don’t. There are more genre’s of music that you aren’t aware of, than ones you are. I’m not singling you out, I’m speaking generally.

There are two types of music fans. The type that hear stuff somewhere and buy it, having no idea what else is out there to be heard. The other type are those that hear something, find out what label they’re on, what other bands the members are in, and search out other similar sounds in thier quest for more and more music. For every one band you are into there are hundreds that share the special something that got you into the band in the first place. You have to find them is all.

I ask people all the time what they listen to, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a response other than everything. So I say do you listen to …they relply I’m not into that type of music, regardless of what band I choose to ask about.

/rant

Well unfortunately there won’t be any Techno/Trance rant threads because it’s one of those genres that is so shitty that it doesn’t make it on the radio like B94/Kiss (surprising I know).

why?

I understand music can be influential in some way. Although The only way I think music influences people to do retarded shit is if they are already fucked up and have a lesser grip on reality. Im pretty sure that parents themselves want to shift the blame from themselves onto other things so music and movies take alot of the blame for idiots these days.

I agree, but I don’t want my kids to listen to it because it sucks ass, not because of the meaning behind it. :smiley:

if a kid is messed up, it’s the parents fault 100% of the time.

Actually, Its on HD Radio which is free and technically still radio. If you think about it most of todays music is made with electronic beats so it does have its roots in techno. There is also a trend that pop musiv is becoming more vocal techno than it has ever been. Techo/Trance/House is the most popular music all over the world with the exception being America.

It really doesn’t offend me if people don’t like my music choices because they are mine. Im not really into insulting people’s individual likes/dislikes so to each their own :slight_smile:

I am, techno is for homo’s. :smiley:

haha. I can only imagine the day you children start listening to some Fall Out Boy or Panic at the disco!

The other point i wanted to make was that people act like todays lyrics are so explicit compared to older music. I dont know the name of the band but my old man listens to this song called “little school girl” and they sing about wanting to fuck this girl. Its just an example but the main ideas of music havent changed much its all about sex and drugs :slight_smile:

my kids will never listen to that emo shit. :slight_smile:

lyrics don’t really bother me too much, I don’t really pay attention to them. I just need to have a good sound and preferably something fast.

77REDNECKTRUCK,

LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU CAN SET YOU RADIO DIAL TO WHICHEVER RADIO STATION YOU LIKE. YOU CAN ALSO CONTROL THE VOLUME, AND EVEN SWITCH IT OFF ENTIRELY. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME INVESTIGATING THESE GROUNDBREAKING FEATURES INSTEAD OF MAKING THREADS ON PITTSPEED.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.

SINCERELY,

DARKSTAR

like darkstar has never made a stupid thread on pittspeed before :rolleyes:

Newsflash: PITTSBURGH RADIO SUCKS.

Cleveland Radio is really good.

About the only thing good in Cleveland.

Its on Sirius. And theres more techno out there than you could ever imagine!

well I think MTV in a whole has completely lost its meaning. I wont watch it anymore bc its not music anymore…

Techno FTW!!! Go over to Jersey, New York, Cali, or Florida…Pgh has no idea what its missing!

:greddy2: = 77rednecktruck :smiley:

Your a faggot

/thread

they play those “emo” bands on DVE…:bash:

they actually have a kickass version of fall out boy and panic at the disco…sounds great!

[Timbaland and the Hives]

[Timbaland and She Wants Revenge]

[Timbaland and Fall Out Boy]

…Kanye West and Daft Punk mix, Tim Mcgraw and Nelly, so on and so on.

intergenra music is not a crime!

sleeper = :jerkit:

:kiss:

b94 is owned by cbs radio. anything is better than clearchannel crap