NASCC Lapping Event. June 20 / 21

I would like to let everyone know that the registration for the Lapping events that are to take place at lunch between the races. At this event your time will be in a solid blocks, not split up like you see at the speedway time attack event. All cars will also be on the track at the same time. So instead of running with 4-5 people you may be running in a group of 40+. But its will be on our full road course setup the same track the NASCC racers will be using on that weekend. You can all register here.

http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=402&BT=10#Ev7767

I am going to be in charge of this lapping event so if you have any questions feel free to ask. This event will be one of 2 race weekends the NASCC will be holding at Namao this year. I highly recommend it as you get a huge amount of time on track, and you can meet and talk with some of our local road racers. This event is a true lapping event and you will get as many laps as you want within the set time frame. I know a bunch of people that put well over 300kms on their cars last year. The Track is also very wide open. It is highly possible that many of you could reach over 200km/h.

You can contact me here by PM, or

Phone 780.270.1851
Email: Mike at Speedwayperformance.org

Mike

omg … I would love to hit 200km/h in the Max … pipe up ladies and gents sounds like a open course! What are the restrictions on car types?

Oh man, if I didn’t have to coach that weekend I’d be in there like a dirty shirt!

any specific tech that the car has to pass?

You guys aren’t going to go 40+ cars on the track at the same time at 200kms in spots in your daily drivers are you? :wink:

There will be a set of supplemental regulations that your car will have to adhere to. I don’t have them at the moment but expect them to include the following.

Water only in the cooling system
No Fluid leaks of any kind
Tires, suspension, wheel bearings to all be in good order.

I will post up the full sheet once I have it in my hands.

Now that sounds like a great idea! :slight_smile: I don’t suppose a convertible with no roll bar is allowed?

Rhetorical question.

I think you all should come over to my place and we get the 510 running so I can participate in this event.

Mike, when is the next event?

Wow, I could bury my speedo, it maxes around 220kph or so. Realistically though 40+ cars at the same time going door to door in my daily kinda worries me a bit. Anyone ever wipe out or write off a car?

I’d be happy to help out a couple of evenings a week! Practice for when I build my track car.

Bring cash!

^^ WTF?? This isn’t Stratotech. Why this rule?

AFAIK, Stratotech has that rule because of the sportbike racing that occurs there.

What? You mean these things don’t just fall together lol?

also any idea the cost of entering a vehicle and possiby a picture of the course layout ? tried searching a lil bit yesterday but couldnt find anything

No one is allowed anti freeze in their cooling system for racing, sport bikes or not. Ethylene glycol is slippery stuff.

Not gonna flush my system for 1 day, sorry guys I’m out.

Im out for this reason too. But this is more incentive to pick up a project car :slight_smile:

Ya, a project would be nice but gotta dig myself outta this HUGE hole I’m in right now, maybe next year.

oh wow that would be fun to bad my cars running crapy, my sil would rip a road race up .

Perhaps, but then there is that whole “driver” thing to deal with.