Need help(speeding ticket)

I need some advice/counsel on a ticket i got at 130 this morning.

Its a 72 in a 35, me and a buddy were roll racing and i got stopped.

He told me its like 8 or 10 points, i cant handle that, at all. nor can i afford the fine.

So how do i plead down or whatever, i know im pleading not guilty so i can plead this down some.

What do i do…HELP!

well…It’s better than an illegal speed contest ticket.
Seriously
Get a lawyer

IB4 DRimodium

i’d get a lawyer if i were you

quit killing stuff with you slow car

EDIT: the speed contest thing… yeah, get a lawyer bro. best of luck

ugh hopefully i can find one cheap. it says in the deposition he gave me :frowning:
Involved in speed contest with another vehicle

Did your buddy get popped too?My buddy actually got caught speeding way over one time and told the cop someone threw something at his car and was trying to catch him to get the plate # incase there was any damage.Actually got him off too.
D

lawyer.

were you roll racing in your 1994 buick Lesabre?

still waiting for an answer…

Where did this ticket occur? Any prior incidents?

This really depends on where it occured.

i got the same, if you are from the rochester area it sounds like you got this on s. clinton. I got the exact same thing there. Get a lawyer, if you need one from the rochester area pm me. You will go to driving school, if you have any points on your liscense it will be before your second court date, if not it will be after your court date. Its an 8 point violation. I got my knocked down to a 45 in a 35 and 2 points, i heart my lawyer. I was in court twice for this, first time my court date was postponed untill i completed myt driving school. It will end up costing you about $600

I will say it also Get a lawyer

yikes…call some lawyers,ask around…you might need one…goodluck.

Hmmm…this is a tough one…Lawyer? :gotme:

ok since no one reads my posts

my fine was 150+45 surcharge

but that was with a lawyer at $350

and driving school at $40

total is $485

that is with a lawyer with out a lawyer you might be able to get it down to a 6 point and like $300 in fines

37mph over? Yep, that’s 8 points. Have you gotten 3 or more points in the last 18 months?

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmanual/chapter02-manual.htm#poi-sys

You were roll-racing in a 35mph zone? I for one think you should lose your license for 6 months so you have some time to think and mature before you hurt someone.

2 prior tickets, one is still hasnt been cleared yet, they havent said come to court yet, the other i knoced to parking tickets.

Im calling my lawyer, 66impalass you have pm

Lawyer… that’s way too much over to have the judge go easy on you.

grab your ankles

why the fuck were you driving 70+ in a residential zone

no sympathy here

Ya I would DEFF get a lawyer for this one if you can afford it. It depends a lot on how your drving record is tho. If you really cant afford a lawyer, go to court and try to talk your way out of it. When you go see the DA, talk to him and see what hes thinking about lowering you shit to. If it seems like he isnt doing anything good, ask if you can get a PUBLIC DEFENDER IE. FREE LAWYER. Nothing is as cheap as FREE.

I would deff get a lawyer tho if you can afford it

Im looking into how much they cost, I think im going to have to go public defender, i need this knocked down some.

Not looking for sympathy i know its retarded.

i like throwing garbage cans at kids who drive down my street that fast