Rescued a pitt last night

So coming home from the gym last night i came across a stray pittbull. Dog was skitish as all hell. After getting it some dog food and water it finally warmed up to me enough to let me pet her. By the time colonie police showed up she was following me like she been mine for yrs. Animal contral came and took her to latham animal hospital. She is been examined by vet tonight and hopefully will be given green light for adoption in a few days. Now this will be my first time having a dog in yrs not to mention a big ass dog. JVG has kindly offered a crate to help since i do work full time away from home now. What else should be on my shopping trip to petco to help make the dog feel at home and make sure she house broken well? I am gonna ask the vet what food is recommended as well both also open to suggestions.

Real life plus rep to you and JVG. I recommend Petsmart over Petco by far. Get some Kong toys or Nylabones, as well as quality food, bowls for water and food. Vet will most like recommend some Science Diet or Royal Canin. I’ve used both, and my dogs and their digestive systems seem to prefer Purina Pro Plan. Main thing is when you’re looking at ingredients, the first ingredient is some type of meat. I give lamb and rice food to my Dalmatian, chicken to my Weimaraner.

No meat flavored rawhides :lol My brothers pit gets protective as hell if he gets one

Thanks chris good info. I will check out petsmart instead. I know she liked alpo since thats all the sunoco had and she ate it like a boss in seconds. :rofl

I got to play with her using one of the rope chew toys. I get the feeling if i turned my back for a second it would of been a bunch of string. She was gentle as all hell wouldn’t even bite the toy anywhere near my hand. Def a kick ass pooch.

Love dogs. Especially mine. Akita’s have been know to take down black bears and kill them. Come at me bros

Good shit Audi Jay. Animals are people too

I wouldn’t get ANY raw hide. For some reason, it tends to being out a dog’s aggressiveness a lot. My brother’s pit is sweet as hell and just licks EVERYONE, but my bro got her a rawhide bone on Christmas and she started snapping at anyone who went near it.

Good for you man!

Not a pet owner myself, but I would say do look into getting pet insurance once you decided to keep it long term.

Taste of the wild is the way to go for dog food hands down

Good for you, man.

dude wtf, my dog does the same exact shit lol…biggest pussy in the world until you give him a bone or something.

ok this is def good info to know lol. Thanks again guys i will be picking your brains on dog stuff often i think. I will get some pics and video tommorrow when i visit the pup.

Exactly! lol Thats how my brother’s is. Sweet dog, little spastic, but a good dog, hes still a pup.

Have you checked anywhere to see if somebody is missing her? Seems like she had to be somebody’s pet that got loose.

yes sir paul both a menands cop and colonie were checking with the county to see if anybody reported a pitt missing. The animal hospital give them a few days to report the dog as well. This is the only reason furface is not here with me now.

Get the dog on nutro brand dog food , way better than any purina or the like . Has real food in it not chicken vintage or some shit . Get him good bones as pits love to chew and get bored quick esp in a crate . I use beef knuckle bones there like 10 a bag and has 5/6 in it .

My dog also eats Nutro and has since he was a puppy.

I saw a huge change in mine since I put him on it , he is more playfully eats less etc

my dog will be 13 in a few weeks and still has a ton of energy and is completely healthy.

I use Diamond natural or 4health. Just as good as any other premium natural food but much cheaper. Tractor Supply FTW.

agreed.

and bullysticks for treats.