Rescued a pitt last night

Yeah just got our pub some bullysticks. She loves em!

thanks for the advice guys. I will take some pics of her tommorrow when i visit the furball tommorrow. Can you tell i want this dog? lol

Good stuff Jay. Post up pics when ya can!

I use IAMS Healthy Naturals, basically as Cossey said you want the first ingredient to be meat, not bone meal or meat byproducts.

Be careful with rawhides not made in the USA.

Word.

Diamond Naturals All Life Stages Dog Chicken & Rice Formula – First ingredient is Chicken.

$28.99 for a 40lb’er @ Tractor Supply
http://www.tractorsupply.com/diamond-reg-naturals-chicken-amp-rice-adult-dog-dog-food-40-lb--5054575

Feed her live animals

Best suggestion ITT.

few pics of the pup

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/DRJETTA/furface3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/DRJETTA/furface2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/DRJETTA/Furface1.jpg

Love the brindle on her , looks like my old boy kilo . Prolly one of the dogs I have had .

my blue nose pit gets super defensive too when i give her a rawhide, whats so appealing about them?

i was talking to a menands k9 cop about it. Just brings back the hunting instinct if they start shaking their head which you have to get them to stop that action right away. Dog is super cool though she would go under the chair and literly lift up my legs so i am half on chair and half on dog so it could freaken get my attention when i was talking to the front desk folks. :rofl She needs to be trained for sure but does respond 80% of the time if i want it to sit next to me or lay down.

i got my pit on a veggie diet doc sai he may be allergic to his normal food and he may be alergic to.sugar he scratchs horrible. but pits are very active dogs they love to play get tough toys because she destroy them shes a beautiful dog good luck man

My dog has destroyed every single Kong item that exists within minutes. Don’t buy Kong ANYTHING. He does pretty well with nylabones and his favorite (and mine, because he doesn’t destroy them) is the ChuckIt Ultra ball and ChuckIt Glow-in-the-dark ball. Super tough, fun to play fetch with too.

You can teach dogs not to be defensive over bones and food. IDK if you can teach them after they are puppys though. Ever since i got my dog i would give him his food or a bone and then take it away from him, then praise him and give it back if he was good. Sounds stupid but yes make yourself the alpha male of his pack, give him his food, bone,whatever and put you hands in it/spit in it, make him think it was yours first then give it to him. After a while i didnt have to take things back from him, he just knew. I would trust my 3 year old neice taking a bone out of my german shepherds mouth, and she has before.

So yeah, idk if you can teach older dogs these traits, but i know its possible as a puppy.

Good job jay bro!

my dog used to be the same way with me growl when i reach for his food snap at me i would snatch either the food or him up, if it was him i would push him away and stand in front of the bowl until he calmed down

my old dog would tear your face off if you tried to grab her bone or anything from her.

My current dog thats more than twice her size doesnt care if you take his bone right out of his mouth. He’ll let you.

My parents Pit-lab will growl if anyone goes near his bone except for my father and myself. With us he just lets out a little whine thats like “Ok you can have it” He’s never snapped at anyone though but his growl is usually intimidating enough to not have anyone chance actually touching his bone lol.

Awww. She’s gorgeous. Good pick up. Keep her out of the hands of another gang banger that will just breed her for fighting dogs and other dumb shit. I rescued a Pitt once. She was very malnourished. I didn’t have a place to keep her but I kept her in the car for a few minutes while I proceeded to meet my friend at a bar. One of his coworkers took her home instantly and she has been a great dog ever since.

Mine will play , we play monkey in the middle with his rawhides lol