Time Warner Turbo

Just an FYI. Anyone with the premier level of service, go reboot you modem and run a speedtest. We just upgraded all premier accounts from 6down/768 up to 15mbps down and 2mbps up for free…

Any problems, post it here or pm me. So far looks like everything is working great. Enjoy.

Who is ready for network outages?

what is a premier account?

Premier is the update from the standard its $10/mo. more than the the standard Roadrunner.

hm, not sure what I have, will have to try and see what I get

Lite: 768kbps down/128kbps up
Standard: 4mbps down/368kbps up
Premier: 6mbps down/768kbps *now 15mbps down/2mbps up

Standard should get the boost soon to 10/1, if you get the digital phone package they automatically give you the 10/1 also. Just some info for everyone.

sweet … what is the speed supposed to be for a standard account? I definitely don’t have the premier.

getting worried about fios i see

10 down and 1 up would be pretty fucking good for my purposes… any idea how soon that change goes into effect?

worried? or just actually needing to compete now? Cable was always so much faster than DSL, they just had it capped. They had no reason to turn it up. IMO cable will survive exactly as they are doing by raising the cap, oh and lets not forget the fact they don’t have to drop the capital to extend out a fiber network which is of course chump change. :rofl:

If it gets fast enough I might pay the $2650 to get it to my house.
For now I am just waiting for Fios.
It is strange to me that TW does not want my business at $150+/month.

It’s funny how most people seem to forget that the Cable network is a mostly fiber network these days. :slight_smile:

WTF, is this what caused my internet to go down last nite around midnight or so? (town of ton)… it was down for like an hour or so… that shit pisses me off.

With coax running into the modem…

Are there different speeds for business accounts?

Before Reset:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/143470046.png

still plently of bandwidth for that though.

So can I run fiber instead of coax so when Fios comes through I don’t need another line?
That would be great if I could use fiber with TW for now.

:word:

yep, and it is way cheaper to run a 100 ft. fiber strand than building an entire fiber network lol

I am still amazed how many people think fios is suddenly changing the game.

after reset

http://www.speedtest.net/result/143472952.png