Time Warner Premium Road Runner?

I just dropped HBO for a saving of ~$26 / month (I can download Sopranos at higher resolution than my TiVo records and upload it to TiVo, so why pay?). I asked about their faster internet service… it’s $10 more per month. The lady had no idea what she was saying, but her info was “6mb vs. 4mb.” Ok. 2 megabits faster… upload and download? “Yeah.” So… who knows the real deal with this stuff?

im on Premium, i think im supposed to call and tell them its not going the speed its sposed to so they can fix it but im too lazy right now, currently speedtest.net gets me around 6mbps DL and 1mbps up usually its like 7.5

I wouldn’t bother with premium until it matches what they have elsewhere for Time Warner in other locations.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=534331&postcount=232

i am on RR’s 15mbps through bright house, its nice to get a business account because you get better customer service when shit happens. that alone is worth it to me… sadly its not that reliable where I live

Premium 6mb down 512kbps up
Standard 4mb down 368kbps up

However, from the looks of it the free upgrade should be June 11th.
*Don’t quote me on the date or speed upgrade but should be 10up 1 down.

Free upgrade? I think I missed something

^^ you heard it, chances are in the next 2 weeks or so the standard will get the current premium speeds, and the premium is getting an entirely new bootfile which should be 10 down 1 up.

(Now if only this was Rochester we would get 10 down 1 up for standard, bastards)

send me that boot file, i can find a good use for it.

:slight_smile:

patience my good friend lol

What is the reason Rochester has the faster service? What is different about that network area from Buffalo’s?

Rochester has had TW for a much longer time, at least 5 or more years .we run at 10mbs.

DUde i work with you, and havent even heard of this shit yet.

xcapandinkx who are you? Have we met at work? lol.

Also being at the higher level of support I get direct info from the ccm’s about info like this.

what service do I have? I pay 45.95…

I cancelled premium. Just do normal emailing, browsing, a bit of downloading here and there. Noticed no difference aside from the smaller bill.

Mmm I’ll post a speedtest tonight when I get home…:snky: :snky: :snky:

I wonder how bad TW will fuck up this upgrade…

Looks good thus far:
Employee testing —

BW Down BW Up Bootfile docsisisp docsisbootfile
10240000 1024000

Just a sneak preview.

:lol: I can’t wait for my service to go down long enough to piss me off but not long enough to motivate me to call them to get 50 cents off my monthly bill.

Test was 100% successful, the upgrade didn’t even boot my AOL offline.

Heres a preview of what cx should be getting soon

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/ryanmcell/speed.jpg

(just ran this when I got home)