town of tonawanda court?

I’ve got court there tonight for a speeding ticket. Are they pretty good about pleading them down? it’s for 72 in a 55 (got it on the 190).

Does it usually go pretty quick? Is it first come, first serve? Or does it not matter?

thanks

I have never been but what i get from most of the towns i have been to they will try to get you to plea down so the town gets the money so you should get a fine and class

1st come 1st serve (lawyers supersede). You stand in line waiting to talk to the DA or asst. DA

awesome, thanks guys.

I’ll be there an hour early.

thanks again

They’re pretty good with pleas if you don’t mind the fine and school.

nah, thats cool. I care more about points than anything else.

I don’t think an hour would be enough but then again I haven’t been there in while.

IIRC they have a sign in sheet that they use to call the people, so if you can get there 60-90 min early and sign in, then you can leave to to get food or whatever and come back around starting time.

Easy, and straight forward. Addresses the whole court once things get going, probably be there 1 to 2 hours.

Plead not guilty, be respectful. And most importantly, don’t wear sunglasses to ensure a speedy process.

damn, they schedule that many people?

I’ll take joe’s advice and sign in, then go :beer2:a few lol

fuzzy, no sunglasses lol

get there early, like an hour before your court time, that way you’ll get out a lot faster

yea they plead down…you’ll be there a while…call me when your done steve, i’m only right around the corner, go get a brew or something :slight_smile:

they changed how it works slightly, takes a bit longer than it used to, oh and dont bring anything you dont need into court, they’ll bitch about cell phones and make you turn them off before you walk in the door, metal detectors and all now…

you sign in, then a little bit later they call you to wait in line in the hallway, you wait for the DA, then you go sit in the courtroom and wait for the judge…IMO i wouldn’t leave, judge doesn’t like it when he calls a name and no one comes up

leaving is a bad idea, if they call your name and you’re not there you have to start over.

72/55 I’d say worse case is saturday school/fine. I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you plea to a reduce charge of parking or something similar, pretty much standard procedure for everywhere but RuffBuff

Anyone know anything about cheektowaga courts??
Lady friend has a ticket there…

called and re-scheduled

2 weeks :tup: I’ll give ya a jingle

they almost always plead down. at 17 over don’t be surprised if the judge slaps you with two parking tickets though.

most definitely get there early. they now have metal detectors when you first walk in so that will be sure to slow things down a bit. sign your name on the sheet on the door down the hall. wait for the guy to call you name. stand in line to wait to talk to the DA. Then wait in the court room for the judge to call you up.

thanks for all the info guys :tup: appreciated

so no cell phones? that sucks

if you do bring it i would silence it or turn it off. both judges don’t like seeing people even play with their cell phones while waiting in the court room

lol that sucks… figured could at least surf the nets. oh well, no biggie

the old guy dickhead will watch grab your phone out of the little basket thingy while you are walking through the metal detector and shut it off for you, then tell you not to turn it back on…too bad he couldn’t figure out how my pda phone worked haha…i just turned off the cell service

Just saw the judge ream someone out for it. Funny as shit, kind of went like.

Douche: If it helps I know…
Judge: I don’t give a fuck who you know. Did I ask, no. If I need know to I’ll know.
Douche: But…
Judge: Quiet, don’t come up here acting like king shit, and being generally disrespectful.
Douche: Ok. <Insert frowny face>
Judge: And another thing take those sunglasses off your not special. Now go sit in the jury box I’ll deal with you once everyone else is done.

Cell phone is a given. That is just plain rude.