who rides a motorcycle without a license

I was wondering how many people here rides without their license. If not, then how long? What are the risks of getting pulled over with just a permit? I want to get my license through the msf, but I probably will not be able to get a spot until late in the season or early next year.

i ride with my permit i want to do the msf course also but they are super full already

U can get away with it no problem

when I was 18 I was riding on the 33 around 1am. cop pulled me over for speeding. When I gave him my license he started SCREAMING “WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING RIDING A MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT A LICENSE” swearing etc etc. I calmly told him that I have my license, I just hadn’t received the physical license yet. He scanned my license and calmed down a bit.

everyone always told me it wasn’t a big deal, but apparently this dude begged to differ

ive done it but dont reccomend it. If you plan to ride just get the lisence its not worth the headache if you get pulled over etc

wrd. if you keep calling msf you might be able to get squeezed in there. one of the guys, maybe vtrdarren, from sportriders works for msf

Worst case scenario they can impound your bike. I rode with a permit for one season but never got pulled over. You should just take the city test. You can probably squeeze into a small city quickly. The test requires full circles and figure 8’s in between a 2 lane street. I put my foot down once and still passed. It’s not that hard. Also I used a liter bike. Anything smaller would be that much easier.

I’ve been riding for about 4.5 years on a permit, and have not been pulled over yet. A few friends of mine have, and had only gotten a driving out of class ticket which ended up being a $35 ticket. I’m taking the MSF course with a friend on Monday, I figure its about time i get my license and I’ll probably learn a few new things as well.

ok let me say a few words…my second season riding with a permit at age 17 ( had to get permit twice cuz expires every year) i was on the 990 and a cop seen me pass a car in the left lane but didnt get me on radar or anything…pulled me over immediatly…said it LOOKED like i was over the speed limit. i only had a permit… the cop impounded my bike. cost me $100 to get it out…then i had to go to court but i managed to get my license before my court date so my lawyer got the charges and imprudenty speed dropped…so in conclusion…take the damn road test before u get ur bike impounded.

Tim I didn’t know you didn’t have your license… man you risked a lot when you stopped the night I crashed…

Oh I road on a Permit only to the MSF course lol… got chewed out by the instructor and was forced to ride a cruiser because I had experience…

But the one time a friend got nailed he got a riding out of class… that later got dropped… and had to call some one to ride the bike home (me) or it would have been impounded

You don’t even have fun riding when you’re doing it on your permit and the fact you don’t have it is a thought in your head.

Just get it, ride with someone who has their license if you really want to ride on your permit.

I went about one season without it, and I got pulled over for speeding once during that time. Just be cool with them, he didn’t give me a ticket for the permit. I told him I don’t know anyone with a MC liscense, “what am I gonna do” I told him???and he was pretty accepting of that…

if you cant get into msf soon, try the city test. beats not having one. Plus if anything ever happens to your bike, it looks better to the insurance co. if you actually had the proper license to operate it.
(plus it gets kinda old taking everyone to pick up their new bike at a dealer. because im one of few that actually has a license)

i guess its just luck then, I do plan on getting a license, i just don’t know how soon that’ll happen. If anyone can hook me up with a spot for the msf, let me know.

or i guess i’ll go riding with other people with my permit.

like i said. call them. or register on sportriders

I just got caught, twice in 2 days. It’s a operating out of restrictions ticket. (same as driving after 9 if you are under 18)
If the cop is a dick he CAN impound your bike, but most of the time they will make someone with a DM license come get you

DM here, have been for almost 10 years, the test is so easy and quick you are a retard for not doing it.

I heard it’s tough on a sport bike though, due to figure 8’s and shit

i got mine last year, it’s just a weight that’s lifted off of your shoulders imho.

ask layzie or half of the southgate kids what happened with my lil experience a few summers ago lol

I have had my license the entire time i’ve been riding… the risks…

They can impound your bike.
Out of class ticket.
if they want they can write you for anything they deem worthy of a ticket.

Sooo… get your license and dont be stupid.