01 Trans Am

so somehow the car drove fine when paul had it, you get and its broken, somehow his fault?

also the trans was good when joe sold you it, you get it, magically its broken

sounds like you are a putz :ponder

Well there is a reason why I paid 2600 bucks for the car. It was beat and you could tell by looking at it. The trans slipped on the 3 to 4 upshift from the day I bought the car. I didn’t really care considering what I paid for the vehicle. I bought the car figuring worse comes to worse it would donate motor and ECM for a swap and I could part the rest and make my money back. Just by reading Paul’s posts on here you can tell how he beat the ever living shit out of the car and based on the quality of workmanship on the vehicle it wasn’t taken care of. The drum where the 2,4 band rides was worn down significantly and required replacing and there was significant wear on the sun shell. I replace the shell, but the 2nd part was good in the trans I got from Joe and a 160 dollar part my cost. As far as the trans and verter I got from Joe. When I tore it down on the bench after putting it in and finding it didn’t work I found damage to the input shaft on the pump. Could have been caused by the ride to Plattsburgh, getting knocked around in the garage or any number of things. Either way I bought it as a core and decided to take a gamble and throw it in, which didn’t pan out. I got my money worth in the verter core and spare parts. The input spine on the crap converter Paul bought was broken when I pulled the trans. You can think what you want about me, but your reputation as a grade A dick head know it all speaks for itself about you. I all honesty do you really contribute anything useful to this forum or the world in general?

You just talk alot of shit toomany, I did give it to you cheap so you should keep your mouth shut. Shitty parts and bad work don’t equal a car that ran consistent low 12s and moppedup a ton of cars on this forum. You got the car cheap, I’m starting to regret selling it to you because all you do is bad mouth it and complain.

Definitely sold it dirt cheap, that’s for sure… I don’t think that it removes his right to talk about what was wrong with it (assuming it’s true). I don’t think the guy has any reason to lie, but hey, I don’t know either of you.

yup my spec converter used to slip real bad

no mullet wigs

My stock one. Tight 800rpm stall converter. It tried to pull through the brakes at idle when the engine was cold. LoL

Paul I am not nor have I ever held any of that stuff against you. Only thing that annoys me is somebody telling me I’m an idiot, because something was broken and I replaced it. Like I have said many times you modified the car the way you wanted it. I feel I paid you a fair price for it given the condition at time of purchase. That converter was broken when I removed it, could have been poor manufacturing quality control, improper installation… Neither of which were anything you had control over since you had it installed in the car professionally. Not trying to bust balls but I know you were hard on the car and thats fine they are meant to be enjoyed, but everything has a failure point and there was a shifting issue when I bought the vehicle. So if it really makes you that unhappy that I want a stock converter and better fitting headers and exhaust then I’m sorry it bothers you so much but it’s my vehicle now and thats what I’m going to do to it. Also those 2 issues wouldn’t have affected the vehicles performance, fitment quality of exhaust components has nothing to do with performance and the piece missing from the converter wouldn’t affect it driving the pump since the broken piece was still wedged in the trans pump.

I had a B&M 3000 in my 91 GTA felt really loose until around 2500. My TCI 3200 in my GTP was smooth tho. It was a little sluggish to 1500 but great daily driving. It still flashed to 3000 no problem.

T56 solves all your torque converter worries…

I’m going to have to disagree. There’s a certain point where you get a good deal and accept that thongs are probably wrong with it. There should be no complaints.

Toomany, I don’t care what you wanted or whatever. My only problem is that I gave you a 12.0 car for 2600 and your STILL complaining.

I’m not at all complaining about what I got for what I paid. Never have never will. All I have said is I didn’t like the converter and I don’t like the header fitment. Your making it sound like I ran around saying you ripped me off and sold me a POS and that is absolutely not what I’ve done.

I’ve owned 6. 5 3rd gen Camaros and a 91 GTA

i need to buy an f-bod :frowning: /thread

I’ve got an 85 Z28 I wouldn’t mind parting with. Nice car, just need to reduce the fleet a little.

Three here as well. 91 GTA auto, 99 Formula M6, 98 Trans Am auto-6spd

How many of those camaros were parts cars Jim?

i’d love a 3rd gen, i dont have the place to put it here at school…i do at home but wont have time to play/work on it till im outta school

you can keep it at my place. I will make sure the rubber stays fresh for ya.

fluffer , chucks formula is now a roller 300 bucks kid

oh an ill keep it at my garage till ya home . outside , but still there

No big deal. There is a f/s thread on it, sharp looking car I just don’t want so many 3rd gens anymore. 6 speed swaped, holley EFI… Shoot me a PM if you get in the market.