01 vw passat radio

got a new cd head unit for my girls whip gonna swap out the stock one

any thing else i need other then a wireing harness for the car? any special tricks to getting the stock one out?

possibly an antenna adapter, my 97 vw needed one.

can that be bought at best buy?

possibly, but you would have better luck at a stereo shop.

got ya!

Go to Circuit City and buy a set of quick connect wire adapters. No cutting, no soldering, just get the VW end and the end for whatever brand head unit you got, plug it all together and slide it in. Oh yea, if you can get the VW radio keys that would be great but modded Panasonic keys work just as well.

cool

radio keys???

come see me at the waterfront best buy

ant adapter we got em they are $11.50

he needs a special one go get am reception,

you can use old credit cards for the VW keys… they are just the tool to pop the stereo out.

ahh i see so there are no screws hold the stero in?

where do you slide in the credit card on the side?

no screws.

There are is a vertical 1/2 in. slot on either side of the radio. You will have to cut up an old credit card to fit…

and what jus slid it in and the credit card will depress the tap down?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/RADIO_REMOVAL_TOOLS_EUROPEAN_REMOVAL_TOOL_TYPE_II_VW___AUDI__p_246.html

this is what the ends should look like

you know what i boiught the radio at best buy

and they installed it for free

and took it out of my old car for free wonder if they cover putting back in the other car??

it was some kinda deal they where running

if it’s a double din monsoon stereo the release slots will be horozontal and the ‘key’ you should make will look like a steak knife… just keep the ‘straight’ edge to the outsides of the stereo with the ‘knife part’ inside… should be about 3 inches long by 1/2 in wide.

if it’s not a monsoon double din, it’s easy.

wiring harness ownz

i may just have to get the stuff and swing out to your garage one night! :bj:

radio bs shit owns me i hate this crap

how much is the wireing harness?

can you get me the part numbers i need for it

what head unit is in there… a single din or a double?