03GLv6's GAGT build

I started with a 2003 olds alero coupe, added some goodies then gave it to my wife and purchased a 2003 pontiac Grand am GT1. [ATTACH=CONFIG]22834[/ATTACH]

So far I have installed a short ram intake (WAI)[ATTACH=CONFIG]22836[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22837[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22838[/ATTACH]

Shortly after this install i ordered a dynomax welded crossflow muffler (my cheap way out of buying a flowmaster 80) and this will be installed along with a “custom cat-back” pipe.

my future mods include an SC/T conversion. along with a magnaflow downpipe/catalytic converter. possibly a set of WOT-Tech coil overs and some kind of 17 inch 5 spoke wheels. may not be the fastest car on NYSPEED but its what i want to build and im going for it. And in the future if i decide dropping a few grand on it, it may obtain boost.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for pictures and video of my build.

Done intake gaskets yet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22839[/ATTACH]

thats all i have right now, more to come.

They were replaced literally days before i purchased it.

Also, if anyone has any aftermarket parts for the la1 let me know i may be interested in headers, ported exhaust manifolds, 65mm throttle bodys, ported intake manifolds, aluminum control arms or anything performance oriented.

How well do the transmissions hold up to boost with these?

depends, if i were to run low boost and keep it below 250whp the trans would supposedly last a while. but if i wanted to go to 300whp i would have to get a HD transmission swap from a grand prix GTP or bonneville ssei which can be done for around a thousand bucks. only downside is them transmissions don’t have the 3.29 FDR that mine does so the car will be slower off the line.

that is what i have gathered from random threads on gagt dot com

Also, My car is sponsored by lucas oil and EPIC Cameras and Six Feet Deep for car shows. i doubt it means much to anyone but i think its neat.

so tomorrow night i’m having some pipe bent up and getting my crossflow installed. can’t wait. had one guy tell me 50 bucks to bend up and weld some pipes for me then he got the car in the shop and told me 250. so i said no thanks and got ahold of a friend. so hes going to be installing it.

I had a Flowmaster 80 on my 99 GAGT…it sounded really nice. Stock piping back to the axle flange.

I would suggest dropping the extra coin.

In for progress.

i wanted the flowmaster 80 but im trying a dynomax/thrush crossflow first. its built to the same specs as the flowmaster so maybe ill get lucky and it will sound good. i will update with pictures as soon as it gets done tomorrow and possibly video?
If this set up fails and i hate it, I will save up and get a pace setter or borla.

This is probably the worst engine to mod but go nuts.

exactly why im doing it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22956[/ATTACH]

crossflow installed. I have video of facebook right now but its kinda a crappy video. its 1030pm and my D90 doesnt do well with sound. the car sounds a lot better then i expected it to. it looks sorta… bad but i only paid 50 bucks for the install so i can’t complain.

It looks fine, you drive this thing in the winter so I wouldn’t be too critical of it

Hmmm.