05OrangeSS vs Samsara

let it go man, no juice or meth or water. Turboxs UP, invidia DP, Borla Hush CB, (recently)K&N short ram, and off the shelf COBB stg. 2. < thats “how the hell i beat you”

Of course there are many other “mods” that were not how the car came from factory, but nothing that makes a big deal by itself.

I was acting all stupid about this because you have no decent reason for a rematch. If you had a power making mod that was going on your car, you could ask for a rematch, but just because you think ALL stock turbo WRX’s have NO top end AT ALL is rediculous.

What people should know is…I gained the TOP END with the intake I put on about 1 week ago. I had the stock box when I ran that primer gray CRX, I died in the upper speeds. The first person I ran with the intake was STEALTH, and it was as high speeds. If you look at the dyno chart of the STI on the K&N website they gain power above 4G’s…15whp. I thought that was a rather stout claim, but bought it because if it was shit I could send it back for more R&D. Obviously, I gained tons of top end. My car feels much different now. On that last run against ORANGESS I thought I was gonna lose, as soon as 4th broke ~4500 I got this boost that I didn’t expect. I put me back in my seat a little, and definatly noticed it. And thats when I came back from even/down 1/8 of a car to up ~1-2 cars. You probably had a better view so maybe you could tell me how much I pulled.

Is that enough info for you? comprende? I dont see the problem here.

IM callin both of you fockerz out:gay3:
when i ran the ss he pulled about 1-1 1/2 cars on but i had a pass and he did not and that was on the smaller shot…

when i ran the wrx it was a dissaster, i couldnt get it into any gear, but what ever gear we started in nobody pulled and that was w/ 850psi in the bottle…

damn… lol, also i don’t really think it is that easy to launch an awd car, bog central and/or break central :stuck_out_tongue:

granted fwd sucks for launching, but thats your fault for buying a fwd car :lol:

why does it matter how he beat you, he could have fucking mexicans under his car peddling their feet away its still a win :gotme:

what about the last run, when I…pulled. The one where you wanted to change the speed to 50 so you could be in 3rd. I cant believe you didn’t give me the win the next day on the boards, WTH. I won.

what ever, I dont care. It was probably that your bottle wasnt full and you had to turn up the wick a little.

I haven’t lost to a yellow WRX with a black hood yet. :wiggle: [](http://javascript<b></b>:add_smilie()

Wow, this is interesting, just race and get it over with. Chris, it is “run what ya brung”, so even if he has joose then it’s a win, and I know I know, you are only trying to figure out if he has it or not.

BTW, AWD isn’t that easy to launch, but I have been doing it a lot so I have an excuse to get a new clutch soon.

Oh and Samsara, “and my 60’ on the street is at least gonna be 1-2 sec. quicker”
You might want to re-evaluate that statement because if it’s true, you would be unstoppable on the street from dig’s. A decent driver in a FWD car can cut a 1.9-2.2 on the street at any given time, and in an AWD you are talking 1.7-1.9. 1-2 seconds is a vast exageration.

1.9-2.2 is a bit on the optimistic side on the street.

:word:

Come down to Charleston, and if I can’t run LESS than a 1.86 60ft on the street on my Falken RT-615s, I will pay for however you got here, and your way back. (1.85 or better.) Hence, you get a almost free vacation.

well whatever…I guess we’ll find out this sunday then…and how the hell are you using an STI’s dyno chart to figure out gains for your car?? just wondering…

hes talking about the FWD cars pullling that on the street.

when I said 1-2 seconds I was baseing it off my run with 98freakgtp…he had all season tires tho! I wasn’t really ready, got confused and thought the 3rd beep was the 2nd, so he lauched before I let my clutch out. I got to the top of 2nd and I heard him still spinning ~2 cars ahead, so i shut down. Im sure tires would make a good difference, but not sure how effective with FWD.

So the STI is a 1/2 liter bigger, I can still get a ballpark view of what mine would look like. i.e. STI gains power in top end from it…I gain top end power of it…it starts around 4grand…not at 4,385rpm’s im hitting 206.48509284939 HP …

I’ll get back to earth with my post from now on, and not concentrate on trash talking and pissing ORANGESS off. although its really easy:mamoru:

and Tkklemann; I dont understand how a FWD cobalt can get the same or better 60’ on street than they can on track. doesnt a drag track offer better traction than street. A lot of guys on cobaltss.com were running 2.4 60’ at the track, on the street maybe with slicks or at least drag radials. What it comes down to is that I have owned subaru’s for the past 6 years, never owned a FWD, so I may not know what Im talking about SRY.

EDIT: I just realized that it was a TYPO! I meant to say 1-2 cars off the line NOT 1-2 seconds:redface:. If I could shave 2 seconds off a 2.3 second 60’, ID BE DA MAN!!!

STFU, go put some more bassmachines in ur trunk COOLIO.

im pissed that 98freakgtp smokes me, and I looked in his trunk last night to see a bandpass box with 2 12’s…wtf.

well on the stock tires I cut anywhere from a 2.0 to 2.3 60’ my first time EVER at the track…Im sure If I had got more runs in I could have probably did 2.0’s pretty easy all day…but whatever, that’s track conditions. So like I said…sunday we’ll find out…If I lose then, eh whatever at least there will be people that can agree with the video we’ll have…

Klemann’s an idiot. I wouldn’t listen to what he has to say.

Samara i told you before we even went out the bottle wasnt full REMEMBER??? And on the 3rd run i was practically out of juice being i said it was almost empty on the 1st run… Dont worry you’ll have your day

If you want I can put all my tools and stock car parts back in the trunk and get my buddy to ride shotgun again so it will be closer. As you mod your car, I’ll take some tools out of the trunk and tell my friend to :gtfo: .

[](http://javascript<b></b>:add_smilie() [](http://javascript<b></b>:add_smilie()

1-2 seconds off of a 60’ time is impossible. That would take a 1.9 second 60’ and place it into the future…

.1-.2 is more reasonable.

The 60’ers I was ripping on the street in the VR4 were way better than at the track, cause instead of just slipping the clutch, I could let the tires spin a little… netting full boost at launch. It was fucking sick. At the track I was just burning through clutches… not fun.

Anyone who can’t launch an AWD car needs to learn how to drive before they start fucking racing… god damn. It isn’t rocket science, and is actually extremely easy. If you fuck up an AWD launch, you can’t drive.

The reason FreakGTP pulls you up top is cause his 3rd gear is fucking beast. he doesn’t have to shift, and doesn’t really lose any boost. because 3rd comes so late, the revs stay low longer… right where the TQ is monstrous… the secret to racing GTPs is to go from a slow roll, or a stop, and then quit when they top 2nd… :wink:

I think Samsara is faster… and I don’t think the pulling up top that happened was all that unbelievable.

Providing the GTP has stock gearing :snky: .

wow. mr pro over here. When you get a few spare minutes, will you teach me how to drivey wivey, sir?