08 STi vs 07 Shelby GT

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=123965?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*#

Adjustable throttle calibration. Sounds sick.

apples to oranges. these cars should not even be compared. The GT is just that, a GT with the shelby name…which is why they compare in prices. its REALLY a $25k car against a $35k car. gay. STI is pretty siqq though.

Pretty much what I expected.

319 HP? ewwwww

that was great. “If autographing the parking lot of your local walmart is for you” try the shelby.

I would take the shelby over the sti any day.

I would take the shelby over the sti any day.

I agree.

How are you going to do siiiiqqqq rolling burnouts with AWD…

:wtf: is it!?? That’s the gheyest thing i have ever heard.

adjustable throtle calibration, WTF! I don’t see a point to it… What ever it is. Isn’t that what your right foot is for anyway?

does anyone else think there’s too much gadgetry in cars these days? Its seems as if the manufactures are tying to out do each other with the most non-sensical doo-dads. Just get in the fucker, start it and drive teh GD thing. Fuck all this computerizeed BS.

To each his own, but I would certainly prefer the GT as a good weather toy over the STI. OTOH, for a DD here in B’lo that STI would be a nice ride. It really is, as was stated, apples to oranges in terms of price, intended use, design philosophy, etc. I doubt that this is a common comparison shop. People looking at one are not gong to be looking at the other, at least at the same time. As someone who once had a Subie for a DD and an American muscle car (Camaro) for fun I fell pretty confident that thinking of them as “competitors” is screwy.

Rich

Good vid anyways, even though it is a dumb comparison

Next week: F-15 Eagle vs. this old boot.

super dumb comparison - what did they really expect? The Shelby GT was built for fgts that like loud exhaust and rolling burnouts and over paying for a mustang GT. The STi was built for going fast on a course.

If they really wanted some kind of fair comparison they should have pulled them into high school parking lots and see which one picks up more HS tail, then maybe it woulda balanced out?

It’s just too bad that a car that can put up such impressive numbers has to look so fucking ugly, so ugly that it would sway me from even considering buying one…honestly, it’s not that difficult to make a car look good. Nice work Subaru:bloated:

mustang def gets way more chicks… middle americans go bonkers for anything with Shelby written on it… i couldnt even beleive it when i went to Vegas and rented a Shelby GT… the car fukking SUCKS!!! slow as all hell, my wife’s Kia Rondo is faster…

but damn does it get chicks or guys or whatever you wanna dip your shit into.

this is the better one :wink:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=123940

lol to each their own, i think the mustang has been hideous for the last 40 years

the mustang design team is like ok - we got this box, where should we cut the notch in it this time???

And the Subaru team was like, ah, ya think Toyota would be that pissed off if we put their front end on this hatch? :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t get me wrong, i am almost always baffled by all auto makers as to why they can’t make cars look better.

its just not possible to please everyone, some people like it, some people dont

very true.

As a true car geek, I don’t discriminate. I’m equal opportunity. I’ll take one of each…

yea, im not really hating on either car - just saying it is a really stupid comparison of autos lol