09-11 636 power commander question.

You may have seen the pipe I just made for an 09 636. The x-up valve was just taken out, servo and cables still attached to avoid fi light. If a power commander is used and you still leave the servo attached, will the bike continue to run rich as it does now? I’m hearing the valve has a huge affect on wot afrs

Pretty sure the PC will tune that out

I would be shocked if someone hasnt made a map for a true straight pipe

Oh I’m sure it’s out there. I’ve just been reading that the valve actually makes the bike run rich, regardless of the computer. As the servo is still there I’m assuming it would. Who knows. Well find out

Could always take it to emery and have him tune it? He does have a bike dyno as well and does tuning for those too I believe.

this explains why taking it to emery for a t00n is pointless

What power commander are you using?

He also posted that he “read somewhere” so in reality nobody really knows what the bike is actually going to be doing. Regardless I would think that anytime you mod something you’d want to make sure it’s running properly. Better safe than sorry?

Pretty sure the guy ordered a pc4. Or a 5. Whatever is available for that year. I’m sure that will fix the situation. He’s also grabbing a servo eliminator kit. A drive to emery would be great for him…as it is a custom pipe/geared bike.

The PC5 has an auto tune feature which uses a WBo2 and a +50%/-50% correction feature on the PC5 and everytime you pass through the cell it will correct the fuel trim for next time. Essentially it is always adjusting until it gets down into a manageable range. This is what all closed loop fuel systems do.

09-11 636? I wish.

Anyways… if the valve has already been removed, why would the servo affect the bike running rich? You just disconnected the very thing the servo controls. They work in tandem. Remove one, the whole system fails.

Once you have your piggyback of choice installed, just have the proper map loaded. The bike is going to run rich because you changed the parameters due to the pipe you installed. Removing the restriction that was controlling your back pressure just means the parameters are that much more out of whack from stock.

The only thing you need the servo for now is to trick the factory ECU that the system is still in place so you can pass your bike inspection (no FI light). Without the valve connected, the servo has no affect on the bike’s performance.

Holy fucking shit. Ladies and gentlemen Rick da rula is alive and well