09 civic Si headlight retrofit

came out real nice. good work

Thanks man! I’m just glad they’re done. So much cutting grinding fitting repeat repeat. But I’m glad I did take my time, They came out better than I anticipated.

that website you showed me is pretty cool, i am corresponding with one of their reps right now, going thru packages and options and whatnot, i will definitely be coming to you if i have any fabrication questions!

looks great btw

Thanks, and I’m more than happy to answer any and all questions on the topic.

You should check out the Morimoto mini bi-xenon projectors, pretty cheap and they have a decent output.

Also checkout this forum, gobs of helpful info here

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

yea, i was looking at their fx-r projectors on there…and yea, ill also check out that forum, maybe i can find something used for cheaper…ya never know :slight_smile:

looks good man, i personally never would do it, but it looks like something Honda SHOULD HAVE done.

Thanks, I adjusted them a bit higher tonight. They seem to be alright now, before they were just way too low. It would have made my job easier if they did, but it is just a civic.

yeah it looks awesome, and very OEM. definently the nicest retrofit ive seen done.

Deff looks sick! looks like an s2k headlight

Amazing dude; I’ve looked at a ton of the redic retros on 8th gen and yours is EASILY right up there with those. AND you did it yourself! much props’

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Before attempting this project while doing my research I kept reading post from people saying don’t do your retro yourself. I said F that, it can’t be all that hard. Come to find out if you have the tools and some common sense not to mention time it’s pretty easy. Do the research and take your time and you should be fine and will end up with a nice end result.

do you have any pics of the backs of the headlights before you installed them?

looks great. i wish they came like that for the si’s. great work.

No I did get any of the backside. It was getting late and I wanted to get it back together. I didn’t have to cut the housing just the reflector. I just used some waterproof aluminum tape to seal the housing to the back of the projector, if that makes sense.

http://www.shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36269&stc=1 6 years later, 0 issues.