Retrofits & Headlight work

Does anybody here specialize in this, or know somebody that does? I’m about to purchase the projector, bezel, halo, and rectangle halo for my f150 lights from oracle. Oracle won’t discount labor for me and they want over $500 to do the work. I have a guy down in florida that will do it for me cheaper but I figured I would see if anybody here is good at it or knows somebody so I dont have to deal with shipping big ass headlights.

Let me know!!

Message LUKE_L here: http://www.nyspeed.com/member.php?1290-LUKE_L

I’m sure this is something he can do.

Didn’t get a reply from Luke, anybody know anyone?

Geez…I travel to New Hampshire for one day. LOL.

Thanks Josh for sending him my way. Unfortunately this requires some actual time invested in it…which I don’t have at the moment.

just spend a day and do it yourself…having “random” people doing jobs like this can get messy…if you take your time and do it yourself you can take it to what ever level of quality/detail you desire

ive done one retro fit and it was not bad at all

Mercedes bi/xenon e55 headlights i think??? into a 97 Acura Integra
i loved those headlights I wired up the high beam shield on the projector with the Acura high beams

hardest part is mounting them which anyone can do u just have to go slow

I spent half a day on mine and loved them

I plan to do another retrofit on my ducati monster i just bought, the headlight blows

people want a decent amount of money for these jobs because its not a fast process… not because of the skill level required…keep that in mind

I would offer to help but I’m in Syracuse but there must be some others in Buffalo that have done one on here that will lend a hand i bet

lol sorry! thanks anyways.

@WGFletch, I’d love to do them myself, but I’m pretty sure I’d have no idea in regards to properly aiming a projector.

aiming is easy.

start high and then keep lowering until people stop flashing their high beams at you.

if that’s your biggest concern you should totally do it yourself

there are a bunch of write-ups on how to aim them…its like 25ft from a wall and at 4ft off the ground or something

Im just saying i thought the same thing before i did mine then i did some more research and decided to do it myself

Care to share your methods to help him out?

No worries. I am on call in another state for the foreseeable future. I can probably help out in the spring time if you still have not put these together by then.

. never mind I see you are getting them from oracle.

I can probably aim them, i meant the actual mounting of the projector in the housing.

Depending on the projector you have/housing you are working with it will vary a lot on the “best” way to mount if

quick google search

http://www.f150forum.com/f6/lightning-headlight-mh1-projector-retrofit-guide-195523/

what year is your truck? im sure there are detailed writeups out there

thanks for the link. its a 13

in for pics
Good luck

Grab some mirimoto mini h1s, those projector bulbs are super easy to work with! That and a dremel is really all you need. Check out theretrofitsource.com, trs is an awesome place to get supplies. You could even give them a call and see what they would recommend as well!

Good luck!

forgot that i made this thread. got these finished back in February from a guy down in florida. id think if you can do this kinda work around here youd be a very wealthy dude.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1896977_829134607101915_1896865438_n.jpg