11:00 pm, wednesday, help fast....!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the way to work today, i noticed my car acting a little weird. it didn’t sound right. i poppped the hood, and when i looked, my cai snapped at the water bypass valve, so it basically was snapped in 2. i called nissan, and the guy siad the part is $88 to replace it. here are my ???'s
1-is my engine safe to drive for about 20 miles, so i can get it to the dealer?

2-or is there a way to make a spacer that covers where the valve was?

i have a 8:30 appt. tom, so any answers really quick would be helpful…

The actual pipe cracked and broke? I have never seen that one!

If it is fully broken, you shouldn’t drive it far. The main consern is having dirt enter the engine. Would there be a way to remove the broken piece and move the bypass valves clamp part up past where it broke? Its kinda hard without a visual I guess.

solution #2: DUCT TAPE!!!

I would go with solution #2 if i were u n in the jam u are man,works evrey time:)

come on now we all know hockey tape works best! kept my afm working for months!

those are chads hands btw

thanx guys. the bypass valve was plastic (i know, 250$, and a plastic valve
), but it cracked at the tabs that go into both ends of the metal pipes of the cai. im going to ductape it, and see what happens, thanx for the quick responses.

where you at?
i may be able to help you out till to get you home

duct tape. or hockey tape. ftw.

can you put a piece of pipe in it and 2 hose clamps?

why dont you buy the $88 part and fix it yourself? dont you wanna be a mechanic? no harm in starting on your own car. get a ride to the dealer, buy the part and fix it?

i got the part from the dealer, it was only $62, after i snappped about how it broke after only 4 months. so they gave me a discount, and put it on for free.