11 Car Drag Race

Not scientific / official, but still cool to watch :tup:

Stay tuned for a local 4 way

If the italia wouldn’t have had the world’s slowest launch, it probably would have won.

Non-scientific perhaps but all were still given equal conditions. Cool to watch. FYI, I did predict the GTR before I saw the race. (no bias being a Nissan owner) I saw no Z’s there? Must have been afraid. Nice to know that I would’ve placed in the top 7 with many other members even higher than that. Dollar for dollar, I think the Z is quite the value. Didn’t see the SRT class represented in the vid though? Sorry Jack. Up for local 4 Way. How about down Genesee in front of the airport?

P.S.-Where would Cougar and Turbociv be in that one? I would guess we’d see some nice aerial shots of four dark tire marks halfway down the runway. Let’s wait for the 11 car drift so I can include Choda.

they obv didnt want to have the ZR1 compete, it would of just blown the doors off everything

SRT Challengers (2012s) have been known to run mid 12s. Nothing too impressive.

if the viper was still being produced im sure they would have ran one

The GTR continues to impress… it’s probably one of the cheaper cars there too… certainly less than the SLS, Ferrari, Audi, Porsche

Bone stock Zr1’s run 10.85 ish lol Still a cool race.

I didn’t know they were that fast. I do know that if the world was about to end the ZR1 ripping down a track is probably what it would sound like.

I didn’t know they were that fast. I do know that if the world was about to end the ZR1 ripping down a track is probably what it would sound like.

That shit was orchestrated, of course gtr won it makes less power than most of those cars, weights almost 4000 pounds and costs 1/3 of the price…wait what

There was mass cops!

Where is a safe place to take pictures?

I’d like to stand in the middle of the runway right near the finish. It’s way safer than a bike jumping over a stationary car.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

On what tires? I certainly don’t see a street tire ZR1 doing that on a runway. Maybe with the extra traction of a grippy drag strip or slicks. C&D’s best with the ZR1 was 11.7. 2 tenths better than this race but that’s multiple attempts.

Don’t drive it like a pussy lol. Obviously not every 65 year old man can drive a ZR1 to a sub 11 second quarter mile, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. I also realize that this is done on a drag strip not a runway but the car would still place first in my mind with a capable driver.

Same car with DOT drags: 10.73

GM says the ZR1 will do 11.3 at 132.

Like I said, traction of a prepped drag strip can’t really be compared to this video.

by the way…the viper will be coming out somewhere in 2013

im sure someone has done a ZR1 vs. GTR drag race before.

They tried but the GTR left pieces of transmission all over the strip before the Vette got to launch.