ZR1 vs GTR vs 599 vs GT2 Drag Race

Nuff said.
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4”]YouTube - ZR1 Drag Race King - Spanks GTR, 599, and GT2[/ame]

I think i just came.

baldy likey

i wish the faggots at nissan wouldn’t have dropped the ball so bad. “we think this is the perfect platform and the perfect setup so we made it very difficult to tune or modify” the old ones were so much better all around. i’d love to see what a zr1 maxed out on the stock motor and an r34 maxed out on the stock motor would do. i’d still take the gt2 over them all.

zr1 > *

nice vid

:boink

gtr used one of its launches, only 14 more till a 20,000 transmission and it still got its ass kicked.nice.

so the 640hp car beat the 612hp car, which beat the 530hp car, which beat the 480hp car. kinda expected that.

love it

I’ll take a 560-4 over the GT2 [ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_M20A2lnM”]YouTube - Top Gear : Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560-4 Vs Porsche 911 GT2[/ame]

But you still have to give Chevy credit for what they’ve done w/ the ZR1. It seems like it got the worst launch of all, not surprising vs. AWD (GTR), F1-trans & launch control (599), and traditional stick w/ launch control (GT2). The ZR1 all the launching is left up to the driver, and with a Motor Trend hack behind the wheel it got out to a bad start. Didn’t matter on the big end though.

Oh, and I could not disagree more with the statement “Put 4 cars of this caliper together, and only one word comes to mind: DRAG RACE!!” First off, I’m pretty sure drag race is two words, but if I had to think of two words for the group of cars it’d be Road Course, and if I had to pick one I guess it’d be (no surprise) Nordschleife.

-TJ

my one word that i think of is… “im never gonna own”

but id rock the zo6 and pay 70% of my house off before i got the ZR1

you can take a gt2 which only costs 100k, put two gt30r turbo’s on it and go 8’s on the stock motor. if we’re talking drag race gimmie the gt2. although if you want a go around a track, take that smoke and sliding and multiply it by 100 with those turbos. i think awd is an option though.

[list=a]- MSRP on the GT2 is ~$190k before options. You can easily option one past $225k.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/porsche/911/gt2_coupe/828/pricing/index.html- IF you can find one they sell with a mark-up.- You’re looking at several tens of thousands more to do the 30r’s- AWD is NOT an option on the GT2.- 997 911 Turbos (which ARE AWD) go 9s on the 30r’s, not 8s.- A GT2 would surely be slower in the 1/4 owing to being ‘just’ RWD.- A GT2 that is already knocked for being too lagy and peaky on a road course might in fact be slower w/ 30r’s.- Comparing modded cars to stock cars is retarded, what, you don’t think anybody is going to pulley, LT and tune a ZR1?- /yourself[/list]

-TJ

good find chris.

I’m totally blown away, I never expected that. :rolleyes:

It is badass to see them all line up together, whether the outcome was predictable or not.

That Gt2 is :naughty:

True, but the truth is if you gave people a ZR1 and said pick a handful of new cars for it to drag race against. One will probably be a Ferrari, one a Porsche, and the GTR makes pretty good sense too. Price ranges and horsepower between the 4 is off, but its entertaining to watch. I’d still rather see them on a road course, just to show the ZR1 isn’t a one sided machine and can turn also.

x2

sweet video