$130k GT-R

Some ppl bought gtr’s only to make money…many ppl did the same thing with 350z were on back order when they first came out and sold them for 5-7k over MSRP.

Im sure he will have a hard time getting 130k, but 110-120 im sure he will fetch if the car is clean.

I was in Windsor when the first 350Z sold for 77 grand - supply and demand

there u go…some ppl are just smart…

i know of a few scenarios where ppl place only 5% downpayment then when the delivery date comes they use 100% of the buyers cash to pay the dealer…SO with a 5000 deposit, they made 20-30k…not just on cars, but on many things.

agreed

R8 over it any day

i love nissan, but when a company doesn’t back their product, thats just not cool

i was picking up some parts at agincourt nissan dealer…when there was a black gtr geting serviced…the mechanic told me the owner paid 140k for it…and it was his winter beater…

lol over priced?? but i think ppl dont care the price when they can afford it…if he can afford a GTR, he can afford R8 anytime…so i dont think theres picking 1 over another.

i get both r8 and gtr if i had the money :slight_smile:

^^^^^^^you have money for one, pick! (hypathetical of course)

peace

The difference is huge, but for people with money(the market they are looking for), its peanuts.

some people might say that selling a 240 for 4k is an absolute rip off. i mean, the blue book is what, like 2k? thats DOUBLE what its worth. and yet people pay that all day long.

^^ Actual, for any 89-93 240sx, their is no blue book value. I know this from the 3 times ive gone to register my car. So in other words are cars are useless and worth jack.

But its all about what one thinks it worth, not the actual price.

^ 240s aren’t just any used car, they’re in demand by many kids these days lol.
& it’s worth dough if it’s clean, trust me for those that have clean S-Chassis’ and ever had someone ask to buy it lol :wink:

also, supply and demand once again lol…GTR over an R8 anyday, it beats it in everything.
Looks are always up to each person but facts and benchmarks, you can’t deny.

just watched discovery today and they did a show on the gt-r. They say that the demand is their cuz they want it to have a high price. They can reach the demand of the consumers needs out their, but then the car wont be as desirable. This is true and good marketing.

As to what i said about 240’s not having blue book is true. Also having 240’s worth something is true also. selling and buying a car is different then the blue book. Blue book is just a standard that insurance companies go by if you were to claim an accident or for the government to set a standard to make money off of. Blue book prices dont take into account that ever punk kind out their wants one. It looks at how old a car is compared to how many are around and are in good condition. Things like that.

ex. Its like when you do mods to you car, you might put $5000-$20000 worth of mods in you car, but when you sell or get in an accident, theirs no way you will get it all back. Thats the main reason why people part out modded car rather then sell them as a hole.

The GTR is not by any means the best sports car. Its heavy and super fragile. Seriously, trannies go after using launch control after like 5 times.

Voiding the warranty by turning off VDC is bullshit too. The GTR is only the greatest to fanboys.

It doesn’t matter what anything is worth, its what some ones willing to pay if you have the time to wait.

hahahaha. i’ve seen that chinese guy. at one point they had 3 gtr’s at agincourt. one was a red one that was purchased already but the buyer still hasnt picked it up after a month and a black and grey one sitting in the lot waiting for whoever was next in line on the waitlist. that black gtr is a winter beater. i’ve seen it a few times around my area and its usually dirty from snow and salt. guy must have a 200k+ car for a summer cruiser.

dang that guy is bawwwwlling
money’s money
supply demand is just another hustle.

a tourist walks up to an old indian selling pots along a long stretch of highway… the tourist asks you have this pot here selling for $5 and you have the exact same pot over there selling for $10 dollars… the indian replys… thats because some people like to spend $5 dollars others like to spend $10 dollars…

most of the people that are buying gtr’s are the same pompous assholes who will brag abut how great the car is but never take it to a track.

and i think most of the non fanboys will agree the r8 is a much better looking car. Not to mention it also sounds a lot better, AND you can get it in manual. woo

Some, will, most probably won’t.

But to be fair, put yourself into their shoes. By the time you can afford it, your views on going to the track might have changed.

Also, would you really want to risk taking a $100,000 car to the track that will be really expensive to repair if you do fuck it up?

I know tons of people who have 240s that are worth maybe $4000 at the most and yet they themselves are still scared to take it to the track because they fear they will fuck it up.

so far theres one r35 thats been to the track a couple of times. he usually runs with the battle endless crew. as for other people. one of the last skyline meets we had. there were a few r35’s that showed up and also other people that are on the waitlist for it. some of them do want to track the car but was only hesistant due to the tranny issue. however most of them were waiting for a fix for the tranny issue before tracking the car. just because they could afford a 100k car doesnt mean they can afford the 20k repair bill for the tranny.

haha i saw that same black gtr at agincourt predelivery couple months back. and i was there the same day picking up a car n dropping off parts n it was getting serviced… i was talking to the service advisor he told me the samething. i want those advan t7’s!!
ive seen a few of the gtr’s at agincourt when i go get parts for their infiniti dealership… theres a red 2 blacks silver and grey

I would love an R35 for a winter beat. Comfy, AWD and heavy would make for a nice snow ride.

Fobwall : The repair bill is not that much of a concern to most of these people. Been to a Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini track day by any chance?

When they fuck up, shit hits the fan

ever heard of supply and command?

the white one for sale came from guelph and is advertised for the price paid less taxes according to a salesman I spoke to last week, while looking at the silver one. the same dealership owner bought/imported 2 from the US first delivery