150+ MPH

What things could go wrong??? ( in a car)

tires could blow up

tires can fail
to much air under the front could cause loss of stering
not enough rear downforce can cause fishtailing

any car going 150 should have proper aerodynamics for high speed driving, at the minimum a functional front air damn and rear spoiler, and proper ride height to minimize the amout of air under the vehical

Anything, it just happens faster…

yup my friend murphy said shit can always go wrong …

however here’s some food for thought … at 170 my passenger side window pulled out of the track at the top a little.

150 + swerving to avoid something = :jawdrop:
I knew someone who was doing around 125 and someone started to pull out in front of him, so he freaked out and cranked the wheel. The car rolled twice before it stopped.

So, all of this joking as you see it… “A wing on a FWD car? WTF?” actually might mean something if you are driving 150 MPH?

hey hey hey, don’t try and justify it!

weather the car is fwd or rwd, all 4 tires need to be kept on the ground at high speeds, otherwise you die

Anything over 130 and my windows will only go up 90%…I guess fox body Mustangs aren’t very aerodynamic (sarcasm here…) 140 the car begins to feel like it’s floating…155 and I thought enough was enough, I don’t feel like dying.

I wonder what hitting a deer would do to a car going 150+??? I’m thinking the deer may die…

I’m thinking the deer will explode.

i’m thinking 150mph should only be done on the track so you don’t kill me too.

140 in the vert is pretty scary.

130 in my f-bod was scary as hell, this was amazingly stable the other day in the GTO http://photos-103.facebook.com/ip008/profile2/446/71/n51000103_29041.jpg

watch nascar, you will learn everything you ever wanted to know about aerodynamics. A wing on a car will give the rear of the car more downforce, going around a turn at 150 mph there is so much air under the car that there is almost no presure on the rear wheels, in that case the rear end will slide out almost as if you were on ice

:word: yea it def is

140 in my car seems like normal. Nothing shaking or the steering wheel got lighter. But I’m afraid at that speed. Not a good speed to make a mistake :slight_smile:

I had my dads c5 up to 130 and it felt solid as a rock.

tire temps go up up up

letting off the throttle completely can make the rear get squirmy. not a fantastic thing to have happen.

Rear diff over heating…