1975 Honda CB550 cafe bike build!

I have one for sale, one is in BAD shape that I’ll be helping rebuild for Pirite on here (Luke), and the third one I’ve already hard-tailed with Checko for his brother Al.

Damn, sounds like you’ve been busy. Lots of projects but work gets done. I’m going to be picking up a TIG soon and I will gladly trade aluminum/stainless welding for nicely machined bits like the starter block off I saw :slight_smile:

This thread needs more updates fggt.

^ now that were done helping fix your bike/being your personal AAA… he might be able to work on his 550! hahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I’m not touching the cb550 until winter. I have bigger fish to fry right now dudes!

too bad we’ve hit my :snky: now too lol. no updates for nick lol

scored a few awesome parts to start on the next and hopefully final phase of this build. This time I’m not sparing any expenses to make it what I want for once and for all, no more settling on lesser parts/processes or rushing to get it together…

to go with the modern front end I previously aquired via ebay, I scored a zx6r rear monoshock for $10. I also scored a cb750 boxed swingarm for $1. YES, $1. This I can use to modify for the monoshock. I also got a shiney new aftermarket tach for $10 and an XS750 triple tank that has stock knee-dents for $20. I sold the motor from this bike that needed rings for $80 and sold the carbs for another $80.

I was so excited about the build that when I got home I mocked it up REAL rough otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to sleep.

Hoping to start wrenching on this late fall.

This needs more updates.

The long winter hibernation is coming. Progress should be made!

still sitting in the basement like the most recent pic posted…I WAS however discussing plans and ideas with Checko over a couple beers the other night…Going to be cutting the stamped steel backbone out and making a steel tubing backbone from scratch while converting to mono-shock…should be fun. Going to be a LOT of work to make this bike finally what I’ve wanted it to be. Not going to rush into it, not going to cut corners, not going to worry about how much it’s going to cost or how long it will take. I’ll start when the snow is on the ground.

Who will finish their “build” first, you or Checko?

checko for sure. I haven’t even touched mine, and don’t plan to for at least another month or two…I’m going to build myself another chopper first.

Bump.

:lol:

I sold my 360… We know nick will never get his 550 done hahaha

Lol at bumping this. You dick, you know my plans! Going to finish the xs750 cafe racer, then build the xs650 street tracker, then maybe start the hybrid engine build for this bike. I’ll never sell this bike so I don’t really care how long it sits until I can build it how I want. I don’t want to half ass any of it.

Make a build thread for the XS.

@GV1390 Build thread: take xs750, put inverted front end on, Make rear sets & exhaust, put on motorcycle lift for a year hahaha
@focusinprogress

pretty much lol. In my defense it’s only been on there since we finished Gus’s bike…

:wave: #motivation