1989 240sx problems

Hey I’m new and I got a 1989 fastback 240 that’s trying to turnover but can’t… we left the car outside for quite sometime and we changed the battery… everything worked fine after we drove it around the block… but then when we turned it off the car wouldnt turn on again…
we added more gas but it still wouldnt turn over
i checked the fuses under the trunk and I think the IGN COIL fuse is broken… can it be a possibility that its not turning over???

thanks

If the ignition fuse is blown, that would definitley cause the car to not fire up because the spark plugs are not getting any juice.

Change that and you should be ok, but have a look to see if you can find out what made the fuse blow. Have a couple on hand and don’t use one that is larger than the original one, if you are unsure of the original size, it should be on the panel cover.

just to clarify… is the engine cranking and not starting… or is it completely dead? if it cranks but doesn’t start, check for spark… otherwise, check your starter, battery, alternator.

nope the engine isnt even cranking at all

then it has nothing to do with the ignition coil, spark, or fuel.

if you hear a ‘clicking’ sound when you turn your key, it’s most likely a bad starter. try charging your battery first though in case it doesn’t have anough juice to turn it over.

well i mean like everytime I turn the key i hear like spark but i dont think engine is trying to turn over…

Starter , Use a big hammer and try banging it a couple of time . sometime it works . Or use a test light and make sure the power and signal get power on the starter itself , The starter power connector could be loose.

but can it be a possibility that it’s a blown fuse that’s under the engine bay?
like I was looking at one of them, the coil one, looks like it was blown

Changed the 75Amp fuse and still the car doesnt work BUT the lights are very DIM
I’m thinking now it’s the alternator as some of you said before

any input?