1991 240sx hatchback silver [unfinished time attack project car rare & quality parts]

just looking at the add…i doubt he will ever sell it for that price despite the worth of the parts, too many other cars for sale at a much more finished stage for same price or less. Should part it out imo you will save yourself time in the long run

I really can’t believe he took my comment seriously and then wrote a novel in response to it.

Ronnie you have the facts twisted up your anus. I’ve used the example of a Ford Taurus’ brakes being better (not ‘an upgrade’) to a stock 240sx’s brakes which totally suck. Stock 240sx do suck and big time suck. I would never buy a 240sx again (stock). Many argued how amazing stock brakes are with a set of different pads, I disagreed. I upgraded to 300zx brakes and while they were better they still sucked. Afterall just a bunch of junkyard setups. I went with my wilwood setup and been fully satisfied ten times over.

By all means if you hate the car so much you’re welcome to not make any offers/trades and not buy it either.

Furthermore, anyone trying to build a car these days, good luck. Our Canadian dollar sucks compared to the US dollar, customs will rape you, shipping costs money and if you can’t do the work yourself, labour costs money too.

Ya, just speaking on behalf of his parts list really lol

I’d buy it but I like working headlights on my 11k time attack build. Tell us more about your headlight saga-drama.

Who cares about the parts list on this “time attack” vehicle when it doesn’t translate to a quick lap time? Mid 1:26s (with R comps) on TMP doesn’t touch any of the modded cars he mentioned. Bone stock S2000s run low 25s to high 24s on stock tires. I run a modded S2000 and ran a 1:19.82 on street tires.

This is going to have to be a part out. No one will spend 10 g’s on this car.

Man, I don’t know what you guys are talking about. This is easily worth 12k!!

What other time attack S13 could you buy where all you need to do is put whole new power plant in and fix a rusty frame? Pshht. none!

Its already got weighted shift knob!!

I would need to hear more about this headlight and the 700 dollar out of production/brokenness, may have to offer $11300

Forgive me for my ignorance,but Aside from a few nice parts I don’t understand how you have come up with such a high number?
Glws though

how much in total have you spent on this car?

any chance you have that s14 subframe that was used on Sandra that you got about a year ago? i am guessing you will be selling it now if so i want it.

i totally agree, cant believe he still has it, i remember when he first got it, its a clean car well taken care off, with the suspension work done here im sure it handles like a champ,

Haha, I forgot how much entertainment Ahmed brought to this forum. Lots of names that haven’t been around in awhile in here.

Good part list, but you sound like an idiot making the claims you did. And for asking 11k for it. Part it out, only way you’ll get anything close to what your asking, even then you’ll be quite abit off. Might be interested in a few things myself.

It’s not getting parted out. I sell it as a whole for the asking price or best offer takes it… or I trade for a stock clean FD rx7. Or if neither, I keep it and continue the project, take it to centreline to get the front end redone with the bn blister widebody.

The person that was meant to do the front/rear tube work, cage install, bn blister widebody (with modular removal), installation of my kognition wing… screwed me over.

Centreline is the only shop that I believe I can trust to do the work and I’ve spoken to them in the past, but I’m not sure I want to go all out like before (if I keep it)

Now…

Back on the cost of things. Just lets use the example of the koni 8611 setup alone. A single koni 8611 race shock runs 500USD~ + customs + shipping + conversion to our shitty dollar. Not to mention adding upon that cost: building housings, ground control coilover conversion, eibach race springs, groundcontrol camber/caster pillowball tophats, other misc items.

Same with the willwood setup. Not OEM anchor heavy rotors. Not the typical paper thin non vaned rotors that some kits use. Not the cheap smaller wilwood calipers that many of the bbk kits out there come for 240s… but their bigger and more sturdy setup. And despite all that significantly lighter than a 300zx setup (tons of unsprung weight saved). Not cheap and customs will rape you.

Minus labour. If any one of you can build the exact same car for your imaginary low cost. Go right ahead.

I am aware that people have built many 240sx on here using ebay/china/junkyard shit and they think it’s all the same, well that’s fine. Go build your own car then.

Pretty much the type of builds that most 240 owners have ever done is, get a 240, drop an SR in it, get a few china/ebay parts, up the boost, run some heavy ass wheels that are wide enough to stretch some tires, slam it and put some stickers on it.

Pretty much the type of builds that most 240 owners have ever done is, get a 240, drop an SR in it, get a few china/ebay parts, up the boost, run some heavy ass wheels that are wide enough to stretch some tires, slam it and put some stickers on it.

And when it comes time to sell they those people don’t ask 11k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you buy an FD in the same condition as your car for 25 grand? No you wouldn’t, because that’s fucking stupid.

nobody is arguing the worth or quality of your parts. They are just saying they dont think anybody will pay 11k for a 240 with a frame that needs to be fixed and a stock ka considering what else is out there in the market in that price range.

you do realize how important a windshield defrost system is right? for safety cert…?

http://memecrunch.com/meme/25CC1/bacon-fenders/image.png

thank you google…

willwood products are very low cost.
spl multi link is 700
custom coilovers. 1100 max
then put 4 years of age on everything

I fail to see where your cars proposed value is?

1100 custom coilovers max? In your pipe dreams. Try to look up how much a single 8611 race shock minus springs, minus tophats, minus coilover conversion, minus custom housings, minus other misc items costs in US Dollars before conversion to Canadian, before shipping, before customs. Labour not included.

spl multilink 700? SPL Rucas alone are 360USD (customs/shipping/CAD conversion?)

Maybe 700 for complete china arms off of ebay and 1100 for ‘custom’ china ebay coilovers to slam your ride.

Willwood products are low cost? lol which ones?

Do some research before you spew bullshit and lay off the drugs. Stick to megan racing, stance and powered by max ‘custom coilovers’ please. Go right ahead get your 1100 custom coilovers and complete spl multi link set for 700 please.

So you are telling us you paid 5k per shock? plus shipping and customs whatever else you put 25 grand into shocks alone?

go to tiger, buy a set of 500 dollar coils and sell this car for 1500 bucks.

25k for shocks, That’s crazy.