1991 Toyota Supra Project...

:rofl, give me a call when it gets closer. I’m down to give you a hand

Getting back into it!!!

So, decided to re-visit this project of mine after a long ass time. I just bought an overhaul gasket set because it was cheaper than trying to source all the little gaskets I needed. Just ordered over $500 in mic parts yesterday:

1JZ/2JZ Exhaust Stud 10mmx1.25
1JZ/2JZ Flywheel Bolt Locking Ring
1JZ/2JZ/7M Oil Pressure Sender Adapter Hose for 1/8" NPT Sender
1JZ/2JZ/7M Valve Cover Bolt washers
7M-GTE oil presure sender
1JZ/2JZ/7M Valve Cover Bolts
ARP 1JZ Flywheel Bolts
Exhaust Manifold Nuts
Heat Shielding Gasket 1JZ
MK3 Supra Bosch Fuel Filter
Motor Mount For 1JZ/2JZ/7M
Pressure Plate Bolt Set R154
Valve Cover Seal Washer
Polyurethane Trans Mount for R154

Next on the list is a clutch and new harmonic balancer before the engine goes in. I might have to paint the engine bay, but not sure on that. It’s not bad, really, and there car is staying red. Have to figure out to wire in the fuse box, which doesn’t seem too bad actually. There is a complete MKIII 1JZ swapped Supra in my garage that I can reference to make it easier, so that will be freakin awesome.

So to get the car 100%:

60-1 Turbo Kit
2JZ throttle cable
Battery
Blow Off Valve
Clutch TS2-XTG6
HKS Twin Power
Complete Fuel Setup
7MGTE Exhaust - Zan Perf
Radiator
Downpipe
Crank Pulley
o2 sensor
Seats
Harnesses
Eventually paint and misc body stuff

I’m probably missing a couple things here and there. Honestly, I don’t see this thing getting done even in another year. I could be wrong, but I am getting married and will probably will have a kid next year, etc… Would be it be wrong if I asked for car parts for wedding gifts? We already have everything else lol.

Waiting on a bunch of shit to come in. :slight_smile:

very nice…I am giving my mk3 to one of my brothers down south.

LOVIN it bro!!!

Supra’s rock…1j should rock no matter what turbo you got on it…my 7m makes enough power t haul out so I don’t think you’ll have power issue, just traction issues which I suggest a1 real arms-all of them, at least in the future. Glad to see more ma70’s local. We all have to meet up in the spring somewhere. Good lick on the project!

Thanks! A buddy of mine also has a 1j Supra. That one actually runs and drives, though hahaha.
We should def meet up this summer. I don’t think mine will be road worthy this year, but we will at least get my buddy out with his.

Wayne and I are going to attempt engine install on Feb 26th. :slight_smile:

Is this the Ryan I just welded the manifold flange for?

I am such a putz for not realizing this before hand :ninja

yea man same dude. I sent him your way cause i know you get shit DONE.

See you tomorrow at 10! :slight_smile:

Good to see this car moving beyond the dusty chicks with dicks stage

Received the manifold back from Boxersix with a T3 flange and some resurfacing work. Thanks again!

Manifold on and medium turbz on. Manifolds are a pain in the butt to install on these. And also my attempt at header wrap.

That turbo looks very familiar ! haha

Had to send it away to be fixed, but still a good deal in the end :wink:

it was a fix anyway. that CHRA had under 6k on it when larude got it from me. my original failed me at around 22k

i sent it out to my parts guy in winter 08/09 and he sent it to Garrett for the DBB exchange program. paid 500$ for the new CHRA, reused the both housings. larude failed at polishing it though

i paid 1250 for the turbo new.

I happened upon a new CHRA for $450 shipped from some dude and sold the failed one for $140 lol. I think with all new hardware, gaskets, etc, I have like $740 in the turbo. It is basically brand new :). I wasn’t couting on it needed $200 in machine work, but I still think it was worth it.

thats not bad. what machine work did you have to get done?

There was something funky because I couldn’t get the new CHRA to fit properly and the bolts supplied wouldn’t work and the new bolts I bought from ATP turbo didn’t’ work. Couldn’t get the damn thing together no matter how hard I tried and I didn’t want to screw it up.

I dropped it off at D&W Diesel and they took care of it. I asked for more details, but they shipped it to their headquarters in Rochester (i think that’s where it is) and couldn’t provide any more details. I was a little sketched that they couldn’t tell me exactly what they did and didn’t let me know it was going to be $150 more than quoted. There was def something funky, so I didn’t question it too much. At this point I just want to get this thing running.

In a few years I’ll get the exact setup I want, but this will do for now :slight_smile:

thats strange. was it a garrett center section? i wish i had known, i could of had the guy i go through send it out and get Garrett to do it. 500$ + shipping to my guy. thats it no hidden costs.

Sure was. Same numbers and Indentification as the CHRA that was in it. I wish I knew you had a hookup :slight_smile: lol. Live and learn I guess!