1993 Corrado SLC VRT

Thanks man.

I’m gonna prolly take some time this weekend, check all the charge piping and since I just sold a spare sunroof, I’m gonna look into a water/meth system.

I will def. make it to LVD at some point this summer.

Pop on over to Ft johnson some time and we can do some logs and see where your at. I wonder what the timing is at from C2 out of the box. Water/meth would be nice if the timing was agressive, 22-24deg. but if you keep the timing lower you can run higher boost to make the extra power. Depends on what your setup likes more. Some cars/turbo like more timing and lower boost, or vise-versa. personally I run less timing and higerboost that way if you A: get bad gas you dont risk deto, or B: if you run out of meth you dont risk deto. But C: to high of boost can raise the chance of detonation too, so it all depends.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer.

I’ve got vagcom here at school and am planning some log time with a friend this weekend. I don’t think I can adjust the timing either. Pretty much what’s on the chip is what I get. Not sure where Ft. Johnson is but it’s probably pretty far from Potsdam.

Thanks again though.

yeah its a hike. A good friend of mine went there too.

Man C2 locks their shit down huh. Yeah man find a nice quite back road you can do some 3rd gear full pulls on, and post up the data. I am interested to see how its tuned from them. log block 2 I think it is, RPM and timing angle. 31 is actual and requested primary O2 readings, 32 is the adaption %'s, IAT temps would be nice to see how that IC is working, 120 is timing correction see what that is saying, thats a good start. post up up man. :thumbup

Finally got a new wastegate spring instead of that homemade boost controller. Anyone know anything about single stage “on/off” type boost controllers? I’d like to run spring pressure for daily and then flick a switch to have “high” boost. I looked around online and the only thing that i was able to find that was anywhere near reasonably priced was a dual stage EBC from turboxs.

Any more ideas?

boost valve dual stage unit is nice and pretty affordable.

You need a simple a air switching solenoid. All it will do is divert the boost reference port, off the charge pipe, compressor housing… or where ever you have the wastegate or your manual boost controller hooked to. With the solenoid in one position, it will send the boost reference to the waste gate only, allowing you to boost to wastegate spring pressure. then with the solenoid in the second position, it will divert the boost reference to the manual boost controller, then to the wastegate. You will also need to T in both the out put from the MBC and the output from the first position on the solenoid into the waste gate port.

yeah, that is what I’m looking for. I want the wastegate to run off of the spring until I allow pressure to go through the MBC and in the top of the wastegate.

I just don’t know who makes/sells something like that. I have even looked into small electronic butterfly valves and can’t find anything (yet) that is cheap enough to warrant buying.

Supposedly you can use some of the N### valves that are stock VW parts. They are simple 12v on/off solenoids that divert the air. Do a little research on the vortex and you might find it. I don’t know exactly which one is ideal, so I won’t even act like I know what I am talking about past that! Lol. But if in my head it’s a simple deal, 12v on port one opens 12v off port 2 opens or port 1 closed both will work the same. Wire that into the MBC side. 12v on port open MBC takes over. 12v off, its closed or diverts directly to the WG.

N249 from a 1.8t. It requires some work to make the gear based system but it’s a days work. Just buy a turbo xs 2 stage mbc for simplicities sake. You just have to switch the high/low settings yourself where the other method is microswitches on the shift gates that control the n249 signals

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898833-dfb6-9d3d.jpg

3rd time is the charm? Decided once again that I wanted something different.

holy shit your still alive?

Holy fuck jake you need a better camera.

That’s all you have to say? Not “hey, nice job” or “keep up the good work”.

I’ll make it a point to take good pictures just for you the next time.

Looks good.

sweet more pics and details.

Always so bitter. It looks AWESOME BTW im curious to see who is going to be done first you or Nick.

Lol, not bitter. Sarcasm doesn’t transfer well through text.

Nick will be done first for sure. He’ll be turning keys this weekend.

Whats the big change from the last setup?

Hey Jake stay the fuck out of my construction site!

That is all.