1993 Corrado SLC VRT

Whenever that maybe haha

Decided to do something better, more boost.

Nice car !

i like the new front end “aero” :lol

Clean car. Welcome.

Some updates:

I decided that 6psi wasn’t enough but because my MAF is “inseperable” I needed to switch to at least coilpack ignition. But, since OBDI coilpack is limited to 36# injectors (with chip tuning), I bought a 97 Passat GLX (OBDII 12v VR6 with coilpack ignition), pulled the motor, stripped the car and cut it up for the dumpster.

Passat:

What remains until the junkyard comes to get the gas tank (including the back bottom half):

I then ordered some parts and swapped for others.
42# injectors, C2 42# software, intercooler, piping, 255lph Walbro, 4" MAF housing, C2 3mm (8.5:1) headspacer, 10# spring to add to my 6# one (16psi total) and many maintanence items for the block.

MAF Housing, ECU with software, headspacer:

I semi stripped the block, semi cleaned it and it’s partially painted/assembled now:

Pulled the motor in the Corrado:

And cleaned the engine bay a little:
before:

after:

This is where I’m currently at now. I still need a stronger DV and clutch.

I had the car dynoed at 6psi with the cams and 10.5:1 head gasket and made ~225whp. The plan now is to run 16psi and make around 375-400whp. The hope is to finish this before the end of Janurary and head back to Moon Performance for another dyno.

More to come.

why didnt you just go with a megasquirt, non obd2 FTW. why limit yourself to a C2 chip.

:rofl on the passat. thats great.

GL with your project.

awsome

looks like a good project…400whp in that thing will be a beast!

fixed it for you.

I had thought about standalone but it’s not necessarily what I wanted or able to afford. Any more power would be overkill and even though the drivability of the car would be better, I don’t have the cash to purchase and tune it.

At least for now, chip tuning is fine until I get out of school.

MPG alone will pay for the upgrade to Megasquirt.

Motor is back together. I’m now working on the wiring for the new motor.

megasquirt FTW, i cant wait to get my setup done.

Wiring harness has been modified and wrapped in some pretty sweet skull and crossbones tape.

Bought a southbend OFE SS 4 clutch as well.

Few pictures.

Getting a DV some time this week

Ordering some silcone couplers, installing the fuel pump, running the IC piping and installing the intercooler, finishing the wiring and then I can put it all back together. Maybe this weekend?

are you gonna clock the turbo?

The compressor housing neck will probably get cut, turned and welded back on.

That or I’m going to try making a short runner with an old manifold.

UPDATE: still not done.
Here is some of what I have been doing