1995 13G VR4: Road Warrior Build

Well I finally have the new DD/Winter car in my possession. Basically I want to keep it healthy and running as a DD but am planning some small mods and restoration/upkeep mods to keep it clean and comfortable.

Specs:

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
Pearl White
Charcoal Grey Interior
6-Speed Manual
13G Twin Turbo Upgrade (NEW)
Stage 1 3SX Clutch (NEW)
Engine Rebuild (NEW)
APEXI Turbo Timer
TurboXS Recirculating BOV
3.5" Downpipe
Full CAT delete
K&N Air Filter
Chrome Y-Pipe

Exterior is completely stock along with the interior. Any mods to the exterior and interior will be for stock appearance maintenance, excluding stereo which I do plan to upgrade to a quality sound system. Not a trunk rattling system, just something with good overall quality.

Future plans for 10’:

Rebuilt Transmission
Interior rebuild. New seats, carpet, plastics as needed.
Regular maintenance.

Pics:

On the right:

On the left:

nice man, good luck with it

nice dude… im pretty sure some dope on this forum fully built one of these

Yeah I heard it still doesn’t run

What a retard.

Anyhow, consider hotwiring the stock FP just due to the turbos. I been out of the game but you might want to do the stock BCS trick to make sure the stock boost isn’t dropping off.

Also, TurboXS might be a bit weird on the let off due to the air coming out. Might want to consider a recirculating BOV. It does sound mean tho.

Good luck with it. Nice cars when cared for.

Read OP! he said “recirculating”

I didn’t even know they made that for the 3/S. Regardless, there have been “issues” with that BOV and the 3/S. Just somehting to consider.

Yea I may be switching it eventually anyway. Any recommendations?

I wasn’t talking about you if thats what you were thinking

Keep it if you like it. I just wanted to make you aware that some people had some weird smoke/stall issues or something of that nature.

GReddy Type S and Tial are popular. My old Tial BOV sounded sick.

It doensn’t matter either which way. :slight_smile:

lmao, thanks bud! :retardclap

I took some of the hit for you even tho my car was fairly solid. :slight_smile:

Forge makes an incredible recirculating/BOV combo. Chris Rando had one on his TT and it’s also supposed to help out with the turbo system somehow. I’m not sure the exact details but you can check out :

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMDVSPLTR

I love VR-4’s these are one of my favorite cars but the maintenance required on them almost makes it seem not worth it to me. You already have a rebuilt engine & turbos and plan on rebuilding the tranny :frowning:

iForge makes wheels.

Forge Motorsports makes BOV and silicone hoses and wastegates and shit.

Raid 5 hugh? If that has anything to do with disk arrays, I like!

Nice car man!

yeah lol I noticed that after I posted and was just too lazy to change it haha post edited

nice to see u back in a 3000

Hey man, just wondering if you got this from a guy named Frank? If it is I rode in it really nice. Nice 3000GT!

sick, I used to have 1 just like it… it was a vr4 swap tho, no awd :frowning:

http://i51.tinypic.com/9gdieu.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/o6fdqv.jpg

SHIT thats alot of charge pipe