1997 Integra Type R...819 miles...

Not really. The type r is a limited production car loaded with cool parts that work really well together.

Seeing as im not a honda fanboy

whats the difference between a normal teg of that year…

vs

the type r?

Scratched front bumper. LAME.

I understand collectors items. But who has a garage full of different hondas, and goes around buying uber rare hondas? It is much different than a classic 69 SS camero or something, that the price of the car can go 25 times its original sticker price. I dont get the honda thing I guess.

Car is very rare. I guarantee you its worth the money to someone out there.

Good read, but long:

No doubt. And I am sure somone will buy it too. But the target buyers are slim pickins I bet.

Deff not reading all that, bullet list of what one has and the other doesnt would have been suffiecient.

Anyways… as I’ve said and as everyone knows its worth what the someone is willing to pay…

and im sure some jackass will pay 30g’s for a 13 year old honda

its just insane in my book, if it was like 20’gs id still feel the same way but i think most of the WTF factor is that fact that gained 4 grand…

ROFL @ the ignorant retards in here.

320 1997 Type R’s were brought to the US, the most unique year. The Type R is very very different than other Integras as far as suspension, exterior, interior, motor, etc. It’s not like some Ford Focus where they slap on a spoiler and 16’s and it’s the top model. Some one will pay in that neighborhood for that car, probably low to mid 20s. And it is not the lowest mileage model in existence. In that thread they mention the 98 with 600ish miles, and there are two 2001’s in vacuum bags in Texas with less than 40 miles on them. This is probably the lowest mileage 97 though. The Type-R is a collectors car to some, including myself, and I would love to own one or more some day. Buy a Hyundai Genesis now, it’s worth dirt in 5 years… where if the R is kept nice, will be worth far more.

neg rep and plus rep has already been handed out accordingly

I’m in love.

That is most deff a collector car. Its limited production along with the uber low milage… I mean really people?!? Someone who has the money will pay that for the car, no doubt about it. I will own an ITR one day, really is an amazing track car.

Won’t sell for under 25k - regardless of what the haters want to believe

actually, it already is becoming a collectors’ item and will go up in price within the next 10 years…

you haven’t a clue about what you’re talking about.

still til this day, the ITR is the best handling FWD car ever produced.

the '97 ITR only had 317 cars imported. they are pretty rare of a car, and they are rather special.

also unlike most civics out there, the ITR has a broader range of owners and would-be owners. generally, the people that own these cars are in their mid-30’s to early 40’s making decent money. a lot of them step up to a e46 m3 and sell their itr; only to come back to the itr because of the fun factor, and cost of ownership, and uniqueness.

ive owned an 00 ITR and still miss that car everyday. one day i plan on getting a '97. also, many “used” ones are still going between $15-19K depending on the condition.

I’m no honda fanboi, but I really like these cars. Clean piece…white ftw.

gorgeous. good price too.

i dont think you understand how many differences there are. likely over 100 of them all working together, some small some large. just about every single part inside the engine was redesigned, the entire chassis, complete suspension and braking system redesigned, new transmission, differential, and even axles in the jdm models, new interior, new exhaust, new aerodynamics, etc.

After reading this, I think I want an Integra. :ahh

its like a z31 to a z32. completely different.